Arturia V Collection 10. Predictions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

My guess is DW8000, a synth I actually use to own back in the day. Maybe they'll even recreate two other synths I used to have, an EMU Proteus and Yamaha TX81Z.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Moog Modular could use a redo as well.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

There won't be a V10.

And if there is, it'll be a miracle.

The world is coming apart at the seams. It's apparently super bad. So no, I won't hold my breath for any reason because I just hate disappointments. And I've had far too many in recent times. No getting hopes up because you just don't want the headache.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Bit99
NordLead
Access Virus
Waldorf XT
Roland JP-8000
No point in doing that many more analog, we have them to death, but not so much of the early digital, non-Rompler ones.

benjamind wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:47 am There won't be a V10.

And if there is, it'll be a miracle.

The world is coming apart at the seams. It's apparently super bad. So no, I won't hold my breath for any reason because I just hate disappointments. And I've had far too many in recent times. No getting hopes up because you just don't want the headache.
This is correct. Someone is going to successfully summon dark matter with the MS20 and the earth will dissolve in the most glorious analog (anal log?) concert known to man. What I mean is, it's all going to shit.

We're literally in the middle of big world changes, but I'll make the optimistic assumption that there is going to be a V10. I know Arturia guys sometimes read into KvR, so I'll take some screen space.

Now it's hard to write predictions without going into suggestions.
I think that the collaboration with Korg, and the ever disappointed Roland Cloud customers enable more confidence for Arturia to take on and emulate their popular synthesizers.

Prediction:
- Arp2600, Mini V, Moog Modular rebuild
- Update to one of the electric key plugins
- Augmented brass

Prediction/suggestion:

Roland JX-8P
-If you had to ask me, I'd say to model the JX-10. JX10 is not a double layered JX-8P, however in software world their differences and mods can be molded together just like they did with SQ80 (eg. transwaves).
-JX-8P is still pushed by Roland in many ways (ACB, boutique, zencore). Requested by many users here, used by many artists.
-With all the TAE libraries and experience, this would not be that big challenge. The synth, and the sound is nothing "extraordinary", but has many potential users.

Formanta Polivoks
-The polivoks has not been emulated as a separate virtual instrument. Many people read into it as a wild unpredicted sound territory. I didn't have the chance to try one so can't really say.
-Suggested here many-many times, and might attract new folks through the Hainbach phenomenon.
-I think it would be a much bigger effort to emulate. As far as I've read the HW units deviate a great deal from each other, and it is difficult to find a "common ground" of sound. Also, only a few people have one, the others expect 'something' which matches their idea of how should it sound.
All or nothing - if done right, Arturia Polivoks-V could be a big achievement and hot seller.

Suggestion:
- Incorporation of OMI Universe of Sounds into Emulation II V
- There should be a fine compromise solution for vintage drum sounds.
- A stronger, vowel-centric alternative to formant filters in Pigments
- Future Korg collaborations would be extremely popular.

Thanks for reading!

In case we don't all perish in a nuclear holocaust, and there is a V10:

Augmented Brass and Augmented Woodwinds seem like a no-brainer to me. Possibly because I have no brain? :)

I'm also still hoping Arturia will do a take on the Moog Taurus. Possibly because I'm full of bull...
"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's depressing."

I'd love to see the Arp2600 updated, although I have to say it is also one of my favourite of the older ones and already sounds great. If the Modular gets updated, which it should be as it's the oldest one, I would hope it would be genuinely modular. Even better, it would be great if they just made an Arturia modular with modules from the 2600 and Moog, as well as other analog and digital modules including wavetable, granular and additive from Pigments and the Braids inspired OSCs from the Microfreak

Augmented Brass & Winds would be great, I expect the Piano model to continue to be refined further, hopefully also for the EP Wuili which I don't think sounds good at the moment.

New synths - I'd like to see their take on a PolyKobol, and a Fizmo

My predictions, because why not speculate wildly?
1. New engine overhauls of existing products that didn't make it through this pass
2. Two to three new synths we haven't predicted..ok, one of those will match a prediction
3. Drum Lab, ala Analog Lab
4. Bears..definitely bears...because bears are cool
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

I remember when I thought V1 wouldn't come out because of the post 9/11 real estate bubble burst, but now it's 21 years later and not only are we at version 9, wormwood hasn't even risen from the sea with the 3 headed Godira of Babylon or whatever
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

I hear that version 15 is way better than 14, but not quite as good as 16. But 17, well...
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

it will be called V Collection X ;)

KenMyr wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:13 pm I'm also still hoping Arturia will do a take on the Moog Taurus. Possibly because I'm full of bull...
I don't think the Taurus is enough of a synth to dedicate a whole module to, BUT doing it as part of a 'Constellation mock-up' package with a Polymoog and Multimoog might make a lot of sense, throw in another ELP tribute sound bank too

Of course, another prediction is that Arturia absorbs some, or a few, or just one other, software company that reproduces old-fashioned synths like XILS-Lab or GForce.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Finally Arturia give up on the competition with Cherry in the area of virtual emulations, concentrate on Augmented x and wait for being acquired by Soundwide for lots of cash…

Return to “Instruments”