Bitwig 4.3 announced 'space and tone' - a new reverb and delay...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mholloway wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:02 pm
gExpectations wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:53 pm bitwig misses some basics like midi comping
lol. Ableton added MIDI comping less than 2 years ago, on version 11, its current version. but somehow it's already a 'basic feature' ? What other daws even have it?
Studio One, Reaper, Logic, Cubase probably others

Honestly how is comping takes NOT a basic feature? But maybe theres a split in types of daws and you take those four and put like ableton, bitwig, fl and reason on the other side and they are not supposed to have basic features :p (as they are about being creative)

and also its not only the midi comping the whole midi clip handling is currently a pita IMHO. id still not switch off bitwig because i can't go to an environment without modulators, for me its the one killer feature.

edit: welll i saw this whole thing already got played out, i just saw the quote so apologize bringing it up again. i hope i will be able to deal with the prior respondants opinion

edit: some other basics bw is missing: proper shortcut implementation, shortcut macros, ability to midi map channel volumes and so fourth (only through moss) and i guess for me thats it. I mainly would like better midi handling + better shortcuts and then they can stop giving me updates for 3 years and im still happy.

apoclypse wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:23 am The feature exists for a reason and Logic has had this feature since whenever they added comping in the DAW well over a decade ago. It's a logical extension of adding comping. The fact the Bitwig added audio comping but no midi comping just makes it seem like comping is half finished imo.

The only other DAW that I know that doesn't have Midi comping is Reason.

Anyway back OT. The update seems meh. I feel like I've been saying for a while now. I have yet to see a Bitwig update that I think is worth the money. I bought an update license a year ago and I have yet to use it (still on 3.3). Definitely not going to waste it on this update.
This is just a point update. The things you get from 3.3 to now are actually more than just this delay and reverb.

Look for yourself
https://www.bitwig.com/previous_releases/

Audio comping
Operators
Lots of new devices
A bunch of stuff in the grid
Lots of small changes and fixes

They've been pretty busy.

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

_leras wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:12 am
apoclypse wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:23 am The feature exists for a reason and Logic has had this feature since whenever they added comping in the DAW well over a decade ago. It's a logical extension of adding comping. The fact the Bitwig added audio comping but no midi comping just makes it seem like comping is half finished imo.

The only other DAW that I know that doesn't have Midi comping is Reason.

Anyway back OT. The update seems meh. I feel like I've been saying for a while now. I have yet to see a Bitwig update that I think is worth the money. I bought an update license a year ago and I have yet to use it (still on 3.3). Definitely not going to waste it on this update.
This is just a point update. The things you get from 3.3 to now are actually more than just this delay and reverb.

Look for yourself
https://www.bitwig.com/previous_releases/

Audio comping
Operators
Lots of new devices
A bunch of stuff in the grid
Lots of small changes and fixes

They've been pretty busy.
I know what this version and the previous versions have and still none of it is worth the money imo. I'm still on 3.3 because I frankly don't see anything in the 4.x series that's worth upgrading too. The grid is the most uninteresting thing ever to me, I have plenty of effects already, comping in Bitwig is imo half finished. Operators are admittedly interesting but I'd take groove templates or a better Piano Roll over that any day.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

xbitz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm Kilohearts_v2
:tantrum: :)
not sure why you post this in the bitwig update thread but i am currently madly in love with phaseplant so that is good news.

j wazza wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:08 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:45 pm
j wazza wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:04 pm i wish there was a user library on the website for bitwig so you can download other people's creations with the grid etc
https://bitwiggers.com/ ? (there is b2)
thanks hadnt heard of that, is that an unofficial one? do you know if its safe to download from it?
I always thought an official 'reacktor ensembles' like repository would be great to have built-in to Bitwig and thru their website. BTW, whatever happened to the official Bitwig forum and controller script library?

eq+ needs to be fixed right now
let us demonstrate in front of their office
who comes with me ?

Thanks for the new toys, instant inspiration! :)
The new flatpak is finding .wine even now! but the plug-in get symlink name stuff problems with Kontakt (for example) and i have no clue how to convert a flatpak into .rpm just for that stuff, it will work on REAPER that is not a flatpak as for the yabridge install, all is fine.
Looks like one step forward though for flatpak :) and, SmajjL have got Linux alternatives, so not the end of the world. ;) 8)

anyone else not having the new Convultion impulses? In Packages it doesn't show any new updates.

On Linux" they are located in ~/.BitwigStudio/installed-packages/1.0/impulses/Bitwig/Bitwig Impulse Responses/
The dot before name means you need to show hidden files to see it.
And check your packages, Essentials Collection by Bitwig had an update here.
:)

gExpectations wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:59 pm
xbitz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:40 pm Kilohearts_v2
:tantrum: :)
not sure why you post this in the bitwig update thread but i am currently madly in love with phaseplant so that is good news.
Because people want an mseg.

Personally I'd prefer something like an extendable version of the env/seq on the original Massive.

^^^ fyi, if have Reaktor, Nano modules have position input(can be synced with the host, no needs triggering) which can be driven by ramp osc.
^^^ all the non-Reaktor modules on the image come from the different free packs of https://www.toyboxaudio.com/ (community edition, user, and free pack), the community edition is here https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/nano- ... ty-edition can't see direct link on the homepage, at least looks decent(Bitwig conform :) ) and needs only two cables
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

apoclypse wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:56 pm I know what this version and the previous versions have and still none of it is worth the money imo. I'm still on 3.3 because I frankly don't see anything in the 4.x series that's worth upgrading too. The grid is the most uninteresting thing ever to me, I have plenty of effects already, comping in Bitwig is imo half finished. Operators are admittedly interesting but I'd take groove templates or a better Piano Roll over that any day.
Ha. Ok fair enough. And 3.3 is pretty fantastic already.

I also would prefer groove templates and improved piano roll.

But I think there's been enough nice little touches to my have made updating to 4.1 worth it to me.

I haven't updated since 4.1 as its mainly been new fx but I am looking forward to when I do as even since 1.4 there has been plenty of improvements...the last couple of updates have been pretty fast (less than a month from beta to release) so if this goes live in Q2 there could be another by end of summer (and a sale) and by then it will definitely be worth an upgrade for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”