Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:45 pm
Edouard Arturia wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:01 pm
Hi Edouard,

Thank you and congrats on the release. Brilliant job by the team. :tu:

I have a question regarding Analog Lab V.

Why is the icon shown in the screenshot below (Pigments) not available in Analog Lab V? I am finding it's absence a bit inconvenient. Could you please check if this was an oversight by any chance? It is possible it was not present in earlier version too, but would be good if this icon was added to open the browser when you are not in browser view.

browser icon.jpg
I think it's because the Explore tab is basically the whole browser anyway and from there you can filter by instrument/bank/type etc.

Augmented series are awesome. In design much like NI Kontakt expansions like Pharlight, Starlight.. with dual engine samples and synthesis
Arturia, make a sampler already :)

Caine123 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:06 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:41 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:39 pm i wonder how the Arturia vs Korg MS-20 vst is?
Major difference, completely different animal to my ears, Arturia easily sounds better.
thx didnt expect that at all!
cause i thought KORG vst (im no pro, i dont have the hardwares) are very faithful recreations.
I can only say after owning the real MS20, that this vs the VST from Korg, the MS20 is alot larger in life. A better depiction of what it's capable of, yet with the arturia version, there's even more interesting things under the hood. EG: The EFX and modulation is really incredible.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Just wanted to say: I just bought the V8 when it was on sale from Native Instruments a little bit over two weeks ago and Arturia support is now waving their hands saying basically: you're shit outta luck! (tldr from customer support just now, ofc worded corporation friendlier)

Not even offering their usual discounted 99€ upgrade (which still would be too much tbh if you just bought the premium product a few days ago). Yes, it was sold via NI, but the money still went to Arturia and brought them a new customer, who even bought a new KeyLab 61 MkII because of it just a few days later. So their initial discount made them even more money.

So a grace period for an update, if one bought the same product in easy countable days ago (we're not talking a year here, which ofc would also be countable if one would like to do so), that would only be fair!

I believe $199 is the upgrade price from v8.

LKBorg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:54 pm Just wanted to say: I just bought the V8 when it was on sale from Native Instruments a little bit over two weeks ago and Arturia support is now waving their hands saying basically: you're shit outta luck! (tldr from customer support just now, ofc worded corporation friendlier)

Not even offering their usual discounted 99€ upgrade (which still would be too much tbh if you just bought the premium product a few days ago). Yes, it was sold via NI, but the money still went to Arturia and brought them a new customer, who even bought a new KeyLab 61 MkII because of it just a few days later. So their initial discount made them even more money.

So a grace period for an update, if one bought the same product in easy countable days ago (we're not talking a year here, which ofc would also be countable if one would like to do so), that would only be fair!
yeah that's pretty bad. Even Izotope gave me a grace period of 6 weeks when I bought their MPS in a sale 2 years ago.
Bad marketing decision IMHO to do a sale 2 weeks before a new product launch...

Examigan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 pm I believe $199 is the upgrade price from v8.
Yeah, but 99€ is their usual discounted upgrade price, but they're not even offering that for customers who just bought the full V8 just a little over two weeks ago (+ an additonal KeyLab thrown in as well).

So that's not pretty customer friendly policy here to be honest.

And what the other poster dermage wrote:
and then telling the customer they were lucky because they just had a sale, but now it's combined with the upgrade pricing the full price. That's just... well, I think anyone has their own words for tricks like that.

As stated: I wouldn't be pissed if that happened two months ago, a bit maybe, but that's just how things are sometimes. But such a short time and then no grace period and then waving their hands (tbf they offered 150€ in the support dialogue I just had, which still is far from fair tbh). No.

LKBorg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:08 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 pm I believe $199 is the upgrade price from v8.
Yeah, but 99€ is their usual discounted upgrade price,
No that is the upgrade price after at least 6-9months usually. Would guess on Black Friday they will have 99€ upgrade price.

Same discussion was when v8 released, it was initially 199€ or 149€ when you bought OB-XA before the v8 release.

Pleasantly surprised to see NKS support for the new instruments on day one. It's been frustrating having to wait 6 months for those after previous V Collection upgrades.
Stormchild

dermage wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:27 pm
Yeah, but 99€ is their usual discounted upgrade price,
No that is the upgrade price after at least 6-9months usually. Would guess on Black Friday they will have 99€ upgrade price.

Same discussion was when v8 released, it was initially 199€ or 149€ when you bought OB-XA before the v8 release.

In any case, no grace period/offer is the real issue here with such a fresh purchase of V8 and then not even offering a discounted 99€ (saying "it's not possible", when it's clearly possible as they themselves can decide on that and have done so numerous times in their sales).

This is clearly something the customer support has to work on from Arturia. Not cool that.
Last edited by LKBorg on Tue May 10, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, but 99€ is their usual discounted upgrade price, but they're not even offering that for customers who just bought the full V8 just a little over two weeks ago (+ an additonal KeyLab thrown in as well).

and then telling the customer they were lucky because they just had a sale, but now it's combined with the upgrade pricing the full price. That's just... well, I think anyone has their own words for tricks like that.

As stated: I wouldn't be pissed if that happened two months ago, a bit maybe, but that's just how things are sometimes. But such a short time and then no grace period and then waving their hands (tbf they offered 150€ in the support dialogue I just had, which still is far from fair tbh). No.
That's all nonsense. $99 is Arturia's end-of-the-road sale price. You won't ever see it until more than a year after the new V Collection comes out, not even on Black Friday.

If you bought the upgrade at $99 you get $100 off of what you would have otherwise be paying now. Why would you think buying the old version a week ago should get you some kind of loophole? You're paying for the new additions to the V Collection. You don't get them free just because you bought last version's new additions late.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

LKBorg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:54 pm Just wanted to say: I just bought the V8 when it was on sale from Native Instruments a little bit over two weeks ago and Arturia support is now waving their hands saying basically: you're shit outta luck! (tldr from customer support just now, ofc worded corporation friendlier)

The thread here made it pretty clear that you should expect that. This is Arturia's MO. They've been doing this for a while now, but especially since they killed the "same upgrade price for all earlier versions." The $99 upgrade hasn't been usual for a few years now. IIRC it was more common prior to V6, but I'm not digging through old emails to gather data.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LKBorg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:54 pm

Its not the same product though V9 is a different collection and includes seven new products, you will still get free updates for most of the products you purchased in V8 for years to come. I think you would have a point if you had paid the full rate but you got a discount for a reason.

Discount upgrades come later in the season plus Arturia are upfront and have a pricing policy somewhere on their website that explains the logic behind this.

jamcat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:36 pm

That's all nonsense. $99 is Arturia's end-of-the-road sale price. You won't ever see it until more than a year after the new V Collection comes out, not even on Black Friday.

If you bought the upgrade at $99 you get $100 off of what you would have otherwise be paying now. Why would you think buying the old version a week ago should get you some kind of loophole? You're paying for the new additions to the V Collection. You don't get them free just because you bought last version's new additions late.
You misunderstand:

I didn't buy the old version two weeks ago, I bought the brand new version while there was no sight of V9 on the horizon. If so, I would have waited with my purchase ofc.
So selling something as "the latest and greatest" and then coming from behind the corner two weeks later with "haha... look at this", that's not very cool. It's called tricking customers.

Would that have happened two months ago, or half a year, ofc... that's bad luck. But this is cheating if the company then doesn't offer any grace period at all, not even their usual discounted upgrade price.

LKBorg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 pm I didn't buy the old version two weeks ago, I bought the brand new version while there was no sight of V9 on the horizon. If so, I would have waited with my purchase ofc.
So selling something as "the latest and greatest" and then coming from behind the corner two weeks later with "haha... look at this", that's not very cool. It's called tricking customers.

Would that have happened two months ago, or half a year, ofc... that's bad luck. But this is cheating if the company then doesn't offer any grace period at all, not even their usual discounted upgrade price.
You get the upgrade price at $199 instead of $499, right?
How much did you pay for it 2 weeks ago? Less than $300?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”