Who makes your favorite Analog Emulations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:47 pm not relevant to the point, but am i the only person who now wants to hear, 250 overdrives, in series, on a guitar riff? :band:
No, i wanna hear it too.
More BPM please

Not me. Distortion stages have steep diminishing returns. After a couple, adding more just adds static.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

_leras wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:04 pm
Arrested Developer wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:11 pm Is it ok to post names instead of brands?

Reimund Dratwa is responsible for some of my favourite emulations (PiA, Blackrooster Audio, NEOLD, Fuse Audio)
I'm sure he's a talented dev, but probably putting plug ins names for the ones you think are notable emulations is more useful.
Right now, I find plenty of use for some of the Fuse Audio Preamps, mainly the VPRE-2C, VPRE-376 and the VPRE-562-A on different sources.
I would also mention the NEOLD Big-Al.

For effects, Slate Digital.
For synths, Arturia. They really hit a home run with their V Collection 8 and 9.

vurt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:47 pm not relevant to the point, but am i the only person who now wants to hear, 250 overdrives, in series, on a guitar riff? :band:
:lol:
Actually it's an amp-sim (incl. cab IRs and all) and it was ~250x the same track...

reading your post I wanted to put them one after the other on the same track just for the fun of it, but didn't not yet come around doing it... :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Great thread!

I am mainly interested in plugins I can use for real-time tracking of bass and guitar.

I have a few sims and IR collections (ok, a lot); adding processing post-sim takes feel and tone to a new level.

I love my ZL Acustica Acquas for bass and guitar recording.

A few surprise old-time goodies like Waves LA3A and J37 - adds great "GRRR" without getting into overdrive territory.

My boot m.2 crashed on me, so I had to reload most of the VSTs.

Blessing in disguise: revisiting/reinstalling many unused plugins has yielded some great sounds. fresh ears.

Voxformer, Nomad Factory, Analog Obsession, Sonimus, PSP...

Waves Kramer plugins and Waves J37.
VSTis maybe in future will be ok
a lot to improve as to user friendliness, response, playability, dynamics, gb size,
often loading times of plugin and presets
and sometimes cpu usage,
so still I prefer Yamaha Motif and Nord lead

Return to “Effects”