Here's my cables, can i connect this equipment

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cables: one USB A to B; one usb A to split midi in and out
equipment: laptop with daw; midi controller with USB B out only, synth with midi out and USB B out, another midi controller with midi in and out.

Is there a way for me to get that synth connected to that daw while one of the midi controllers... Controls?

Sorry, no experience.

I have a midi cable coming that should make it clear but I'm wondering if I'm missing a possibility with what i have already. 

Oh: controller to daw via midi to USB A cable, and synth to daw using USB B to A cable. That should do it right?

Rahodees wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:59 am Oh: controller to daw via midi to USB A cable, and synth to daw using USB B to A cable. That should do it right?
That's the physical connections indeed.
Then in software you need to arrange the routing so the controller is "input" for a track, which has "output" going to the synth.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:14 am
Rahodees wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:59 am Oh: controller to daw via midi to USB A cable, and synth to daw using USB B to A cable. That should do it right?
That's the physical connections indeed.
Then in software you need to arrange the routing so the controller is "input" for a track, which has "output" going to the synth.
It took a ridiculous amount of time for me to figure it out but I got it figured out.

Then today got a midi cable and it's all so much easier now, but it was a good learning experience.

you also need audio connections for your synth of course.

The audio connection was taken care of by connecting synth to daw via usb. Daw took synth's signal as audio.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”