Sequencers - I must be doing something wrong

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry I'm sure this is just something completely stupid.

Initially when I was playing with Architect, I was able to create grid/mono step sequencers, and left-click to insert note events. I now seem to have lost that ability. Left-clicking does not modify the notes.

With the mono step sequencer, I can click on a beat and roll the mouse scroll button to pick a note, which inserts an event of sorts. This doesn't work with the grid step sequencer.

I've tried insert mode and overwrite mode, but no difference. I'm sure this was working before. What on earth have I done to stop it working.

I would guess that you have changed the draw mode to erase. There are three icons on the left of a sequencer that can swap between select, draw, and erase. So either click on the draw button, which looks like a pencil, or press `d` when the grid has the keyboard focus.

If that doesn't sort you out, could you save the preset and PM or email it me, and I'll see exactly what the score is.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for responding. No, I'm in draw mode. Furthermore, this isn't happening just with one preset, but with everything I do, including making new projects from scratch.

How peculiar. What operating system are you on, and which platoform (VST, AU, Standalone, AAX) are you using?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I'm on a Mac (M1 if it matters). I've got the problem with the plugin in Bitwig, but also with the standalone. I recorded a little video with the standalone and uploaded to Youtube to show...

https://youtu.be/XBmKjcfWDa0

Thanks for the video. I see the problem. You have remote mapping enable, hence everything being bathed in purple. When you are clicking cells here, you are selecting them for targets for remote mappings, not actually editing them.

Either:
- press command + M to come out of Remote Mappings mode, or
- press the X button in the top right corner (where you selected the secondary panel view, such as scale, audio pool) to close the Remote Mappings panel. This will will also leave remote mappings.

I did change this behaviour, recently, to disable remote mappings when the UI is first opened because it can be confusing otherwise, as you have just proven to me!

Oh thank goodness, that's sorted it. So sorry for such a simple query. Hurrah for video recordings!

Thanks for your help Colin.

No worries. Yeah, posting that video surely helped!

Return to “Loomer”