Kilohearts Updates the Entire Kilohearts Ecosystem to v2 - Including Phase Plant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Welcome :tu:

Hey there, does anyone know how to download/ install kHs One still?
I've transferred my license to someone else, they have it licensed in their installer, but One is still greyed out. I'm assuming this is because it's discontinued? I can't find any information about it anywhere. We're currently waiting on an answer from support, hoping they can provide a download. But wanted to ask in the meantime if anybody knows another way

kHs ONE is only available as VST2. So you will need to enable that format in order to install it.
But this will change very soon when kHs ONE will be completely removed from the general installer, and get it's own legacy download somewhere in the doc pages on kilohearts.com.

Are there any plans to add a sequencer or even multiple sequencers to PhasePlant?

Plans: Yes.
Timeline: Not so much.

Eventually we will attempt to make another "lane" along the left edge of all the hosts where a new set of modules will go. These modules all effect the incoming midi rather than the sound. So, arpeggiators could go there. Quantizers. Sequencers. E.t.c.

Are there plans to update KHS One with scalable gui? i think it still an awesome sounding synth.

Nope. Sorry. kHs ONE has been discontinued and will see no further development.
It will be removed from the regular installer and get it's own legacy download in our docs pages next week.

ah thats sad to hear :-( i think its perfect the way it is juts need some love for the GUI :(

Hey Per can you share what you're working on right now? What features can we expect in 2023?

(if it's not a secret :) )

Content Sharing inside the plugs and Granular.

Nice :tu: Makes me motivated to learn/master PhasePlant :)

What is content sharing inside the plugs?
rsp
sound sculptist

It'll allow you to make any presets you've made public to other users in the preset browser.
Same goes for all other types of content; Wavetables, Samples, LFOs, Curves, e.t.c.
With some extra features like voting to make the good stuff more searchable and the bad stuff less noticeable.

Thanks Per — this is *exactly* the new feature I want to see next (and posted about earlier today) saving bits and pieces of partial presets to meld into other sounds

On the concept of scaleable GUI I love blowing up every little specific thing we're working on full screen or as large as possible (no more squinting(!)) - whether an editor - an envelope or an oscilloscope …more of that please

I especially like the reveal in Finder/Explorer option and making modules, Wavetables, Samples, LFOs, Curves etc Envelopes .wavs saveable.useable and accessible across other instruments/editors/hosts and vice versa - in fact that's is similar to what HIVE does already + LOCK (on individual parameters) and/or RANDOMIZE options would be interesting and useful too — on a side note: not sure why I have had issues trying to load shared presets/banks found online - maybe that's because there was a version change? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really get why you need a new lane for sequencers -since there's already similar options TRANCE GATE in the FX lane… but I'm intrigued. OTOH more robust MSEGs - fancy new filters e.g. maybe an EMS style TRAPEZOID ADSR and/or other special FUNCTION GENERATORS modulators made available as KHz snap ins would all be welcome too IMHO

Per Salbark wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:05 pm It'll allow you to make any presets you've made public to other users in the preset browser.
Same goes for all other types of content; Wavetables, Samples, LFOs, Curves, e.t.c.
With some extra features like voting to make the good stuff more searchable and the bad stuff less noticeable.

There is a serious bug in NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol at the moment on M1 Macs where if you turn any knob in any Kilohearts plugin it locks up Maschine's or Komplete Kontrols knobs.

https://capture.dropbox.com/Y0Uqw1zjreH8Ve1O

Return to “Instruments”