UVI go subscription!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alive - UVI Falcon Expansion SonicPass

https://www.uvi.net/sonicpass

Another one to chew over!

Nope.....$24 a month, and you dont get to accumulate credits.

This is essentially one of the most expensive subscription services, if not the most expensive and you dont get to keep anything.

probably a good option for some people. perhaps a good way to try all the sound libraries and see which ones to buy.

they still offer traditional sales method as well. but wow.. someone who subscribes to a few of these larger offers if paying a hefty monthly subscription fee for software.

You will own nothing and be happy.

Regards,

WEF
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:56 pm You will own nothing and be happy.

Regards,

WEF
LMAO BRUH!!!!!

dayjob wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:54 pm probably a good option for some people. perhaps a good way to try all the sound libraries and see which ones to buy.

they still offer traditional sales method as well. but wow.. someone who subscribes to a few of these larger offers if paying a hefty monthly subscription fee for software.
I dont do subs myself, the only one I think is worth it is Kilohearts tbh, at least they give you a credit. Splice subs are good too because you get the full licenses.

This is just kind of wild to me.

I thought I'd never purchase download-only video games, music, or movies, but I buy almost purely digital today.

I thought I'd never pay for a music subscription service, but I'm an Apple Music power user today.

I'm STILL not at the point where I will rent software. Maybe someday, but not yet.

So long as you can still buy individual UVI plugins, I'm good. No problem with them offering subscription as an OPTION.

vertibration wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:58 pm
dayjob wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:54 pm probably a good option for some people. perhaps a good way to try all the sound libraries and see which ones to buy.

I dont do subs myself, the only one I think is worth it is Kilohearts tbh, at least they give you a credit. Splice subs are good too because you get the full licenses.

This is just kind of wild to me.
i won't do a software sub either. already own enough things anyways. but software as a service is just not for me.

i think plugin alliance gives a big voucher and other monthly vouchers and other offers to people who subscribe. a friend of mine did the PA sub and got $250 voucher so he just held on to it a while then eventually bought the plug ins he liked once there was one of those crazy PA sales. previously he didn't own many plug ins so i guess it made sense to him.

If you are a professional that makes your living writing music with virtual instruments then this may be a good option. For most of us hobbyists it will never happen!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Looking at what I have spent with UVI over the years it would buy me 3 to 4 years of subscription so maybe another way to look at it. However I am invested in my permanent licences now and there is no discount for what you already own. Probably only attractive to new customers.

Umn....NO.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

We are moving to a digital share-cropping model where the peasants work the land for the bosses but don't own anything themselves.

Just going to slide in here and say that I'm selling a Vintage Vault 4 license for a discounted price. Feel free to PM if interested.

typical move, share share share everywhere, just dont own anything in future and be dependant on online and other services, people say this is bullshit, this is reality, each company makes offers with free shit and people always want free shit and bite on it. we see it with digitality everywhere but yeah it is all so cheap and everywhere everytime available... until you got no internet :D, electricity etc..

well anyways if anyone wants digital licenses from UVI check my WTS topic :P
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

UltimateOutsider wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:59 pm I thought I'd never purchase download-only video games, music, or movies, but I buy almost purely digital today.

I thought I'd never pay for a music subscription service, but I'm an Apple Music power user today.

I'm STILL not at the point where I will rent software. Maybe someday, but not yet.

So long as you can still buy individual UVI plugins, I'm good. No problem with them offering subscription as an OPTION.
You're mixing up consumption up with creation.
It means you don't own the art you make, nor the tools to make it.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Return to “Instruments”