Skinning question

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been looking over the skinning documentation but I can't quite understand it enough to answer this. Is it possible to rearrange the UI panels, perhaps even create new tab groups?

I'd like the panel with the show/hide buttons for regions/waves/sounds/etc. to always be visible and have the regions/waves/sounds/etc. in a separate scrollable panel beneath it. Is that possible?

Even better would be if the regions/waves/sounds/etc. panels could be tabs rather than stacked above each other. I work on a small screen and the way the UI is set out means I have to do a lot of scrolling.

To answer your question: no. Skinning only changes the visual look (bitmaps, colors, fonts and spacing/alignment), not the structure of the UI elements.
For your use case though, as at least a workaround, might I suggest using the hotkeys (1-9) to jump between editors (0 open/closes all editors)?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:29 amSkinning only changes the visual look (bitmaps, colors, fonts and spacing/alignment), not the structure of the UI elements.
Ah, yes, I suspected as much. Perhaps a fully reconfigurable layout would be a good feature for v4 if it could be done?
elcallio wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:29 ammight I suggest using the hotkeys (1-9) to jump between editors (0 open/closes all editors)?
I wasn't aware of those hotkeys. That will speed things up quite a bit, thanks! :)

Return to “CWITEC”