ARA 2 - crash in Reaper 6&SoundForge 15

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ARA2 doesn't work, it crashes when reopening the plugin in Reaper 6.58 (x64) and then Reaper freezes.

Also I couldn't run ARA plugin in SoundForge 15.0 build 64 (x64) - also crash.

Windows 7 (x64)

Open, it's an animated .gif

Thanks for reporting. I couldn't reproduce the freezing in REAPER. Which version are you running? When reopening, you will need to click select the clip again in REAPER for it to show in Acoustica. That seems to be a REAPER quirk, but we will try to circumvent it. We never tested Acoustica ARA with Sound Forge Pro, but I just downloaded Sound Forge Pro 16. It seems to work, but unfortunately, Sound Forge 16 seem to have a ARA plug-in whitelist and doesn't show "Edit with Acoustica" in the menu. You can choose FX Plug-ins > By type > ARA > Acoustica... to open Acoustica. That seems to work, however, Sound Forge only allows you to open the ARA plug-in once and the waveform isn't refreshed. The same happens with other ARA plug-ins, so I assume that it's a Sound Forge issue.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:00 pm Thanks for reporting. I couldn't reproduce the freezing in REAPER. Which version are you running? When reopening, you will need to click select the clip again in REAPER for it to show in Acoustica.
Yes, I noticed that in order for the sound wave to be visible again, you need to click on the track with the sound.

But if I don't click on the track with sound, but in the plug-in I click play with a black window, the plug-in and Reaper fall down.

ordjob2 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:29 pm But if I don't click on the track with sound, but in the plug-in I click play with a black window, the plug-in and Reaper fall down.
Thanks for elaborating. Acoustica ARA requested an invalid playhead position when starting playback from the ARA plug-in when it doesn't have any content. It doesn't seem to crash REAPER here, but that might be version dependent. We have fixed the invalid playback position request in Acoustica ARA internally, so the next service build will include this fix.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”