What is your home studio creative space like?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 pm We live in older victorian style home with tall ceilings.
when i was a teen, one of my mates (well a few did) lived by the park here in an old victorian house.
we used to practice in his bedroom, i remember one day, i cut myself, so they carried on and i went downstairs to get a plaster off his mum :hihi:
and even without any additional soundproofing measures, those old houses were built well! you could hear it, but his mum and dad were sat below us watching tv, while we had drums, bass, 2 guitars and a vocalist :o

our house was a 60s build, you could hear a gnat fart from a different room :lol: walls like paper.
One section of the house was added in the 60s, the rest was built in the 1850s. The 1960s construction was very poor, including plumbing and insulation. I gutted everything to the studs, I think the newer homes built within the last 15 years or so with the wood chip I beams and walls aren’t going to stand the test of time. Eventually you get water in any house. I just can’t see that kind of construction holding up.

I spent almost a year building a 'pro' garden shed (concrete slab, brick walls, room in room concept). It was designed by a guy who designs studio workplaces for a living and i must say, it's 12m2 of music making heaven. Still i'd rather have a place where i can connect more with the surroundings though. Can get lonely at times.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”