Dawesome Novum (A Granular Synth for Creative Sampling)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
First Light for Novum NOVUM

If you have Novum, you should really check out First Light. There are some beautiful patches here
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

darkcapricorn wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:13 am Im on demo now,novum sound is amazing and beautiful, GUI is cute, but preset browser is inconvenient or am I missing something?
Well I would buy someday..
What is wrong exactly with the preset browser?

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:03 pm
darkcapricorn wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:13 am Im on demo now,novum sound is amazing and beautiful, GUI is cute, but preset browser is inconvenient or am I missing something?
Well I would buy someday..
What is wrong exactly with the preset browser?
I mean preset browser is what appears by click option, not what always shown at left side of GUI.
(the lest side browser is cool and inspiring but I think not better when preset auditioning)

-preset brower open by click current preset name then slightly faster than click option and mouse over on name of preset pack. changing preset name moves to right click or something?

-its better favorite star shown also on preset browser

-toggle option or something which preset browser keeps showing not close automatically for preset auditioning (this is most important part)

-when later register content pack, the preset folders pad,drone,acoustic etc would be
separate and shown by preset pack? its better all pad presets shown at the same time.

as I wrote before I might miss something better way to use current browser..

Patch management is confusing to say the least. I just installed Simon's First Light bank - tried the advised method of dragging it onto the interface from where I had unzipped it to my samples SSD but that didn't work. However I used the 'Register Content Pack' in the preset menu instead and that added it but for some reason I now have it showing twice as it appears it also copied it onto my main hard drive user location when I wanted to keep NOVUM content on the SSD drive only

There is a function where you can manage the default location for presets/lane sources, so if you point that to the external SDD it shouldn't copy the data onto the main drive.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks - so it looks like if I point it to the SSD I don't need to Register it too - that's what made 2 copies

How do you guys have the paths set up? I have the Basics factory presets in a documents folder, which it reads fine, so I guess the presets themselves have a reference to the lane_sources folder within that directory, since there is nothing in the preferences about that path. Seemns to default the lane sources and presets to my roaming user folder.

This thing is more fun then a barrel full of drunken monkeys on April fools day....

Is it possible to create Supersaw sound in this? Is there a trick?

a9k1tp wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:01 am Is it possible to create Supersaw sound in this? Is there a trick?
Record your preferred supersaw synth and throw the sample in.
But you will be disappointed. Novum isn’t made to sound boring…
Or in other words: would you take a violin to sound like a trombone?

a9k1tp wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:01 am Is it possible to create Supersaw sound in this? Is there a trick?
Why would you want to do that with Novum? :lol:

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:19 pm
Why would you want to do that with Novum? :lol:
:hihi:

You could load a sample of a supersaw into it and the take it further, a super-supersaw™

cb8rwh wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:18 am You could load a sample of a supersaw into it and the take it further, a super-supersaw™
or even better a super-dupersaw™

™© 2022 Plexuss. All rights reserved.

Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”