Those who wanted to keep your music as hobby, what are your musical hobby goals?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 am
ghettosynth wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:38 amNope, I'm not agreeing with you.
Yes, you are, unless you mean that everybody connects with all lyrics, all the time, but I'd have thought you weren't that stupid, TBH. Perhaps I was giving you more credit than you're due? If you were correct, those nonsense lyrics songs, like Surfin' Bird (or The Bird is the Word, which is a different song, apparently), would never have been successful. The fact that so many songs with nonsense lyrics are wildly successful tends to say otherwise.

When I saw Fischer Z a few years ago in The Netherlands, the only song anyone seemed to want to hear, despite John Watts having some truly deep and meaningful songs, was Limbo, which goes a bit like this -

A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, the razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, the razzmatazz is a pain in the bum
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
Wooha
A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, wo, wo, wo-ho
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
Two, three, four
Ha, ha, ha
Limbo
Limbo?
Limbo?
Limbo
Limbo?
Limbo!
Limbo?
Limbo

People were screaming for it so much he just plonked it into the middle of the set to shut them up. (I could see the set list from where I was standing, it wasn't on it.) They connect with it because of the energy the song has, for the catharsis of dancing like a maniac to it for two-and-a-half minutes. Surfin' Bird would be the same, I reckon (especially when The Ramones do it). People love songs for all kinds of reasons but I don't think a connection to the lyrics is one of the bigger reasons.
Hey hey hey

Just because I like bit of the surfing bird,doesn't mean I don't love songs like 'People's Parties' and 'Same Situation' by Joni Mitchell SPECIFICALLY because of the lyrics and their delivery.

It can happen
and I am far,far from the only one this happens with
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

I said it "can" happen, I just don't think it happens as much as some like to think. Of course, it can go the other way, too. I got the shits with Midnight Oil when their lyrics became overtly political, because I disagree with them on pretty much everything. But then there is The Call, who I still like, even though he sings about God all the time. It didn't become obvious to me until their 4th album or so but once I realised, I could see that a lot of earlier material was in a similar vein. I'd just never really bothered listening closely enough to what he was singing to have picked up on it. He dropped dead when he was 60 so God didn't seem to give a shit what he was singing about, either.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:33 am I got the shits with Midnight Oi
Did you stop taking it?

:lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

midnight at the OI shits :singer:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:33 am I said it "can" happen, I just don't think it happens as much as some like to think. Of course, it can go the other way, too. I got the shits with Midnight Oil when their lyrics became overtly political, because I disagree with them on pretty much everything. But then there is The Call, who I still like, even though he sings about God all the time. It didn't become obvious to me until their 4th album or so but once I realised, I could see that a lot of earlier material was in a similar vein. I'd just never really bothered listening closely enough to what he was singing to have picked up on it. He dropped dead when he was 60 so God didn't seem to give a shit what he was singing about, either.
Or,just as easily, maybe it happens more than you're willing to think,having clearly left out genres in which words conveying messages are an integral part of the work

Like what? I think such genres only exist in your head.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

i've heard there's a thing called poetry

polarsky wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:42 am i've heard there's a thing called poetry
Boooooorrrrrrriiiinnnngg!

polarsky wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:42 am i've heard there's a thing called poetry
but
If you must write prose and poems
The words you use should be your own
Don't plagiaries or take on loan
'Cause there's always someone, somewhere
With a big nose, who knows
And who trips you up and laughs when you fall
Who'll trip you up and laugh when you fall

polarsky wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:54 am I agree with buff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjAtCGSF8yA
Iggy's still got it.

releasing a single on Spotify, AM, Flo, Vibe, Melon, Soribada, Genie.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

I make music the way I want it to be.I have an idea so I do. I love my hobby.

Pawel L wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:33 pm I make music the way I want it to be.I have an idea so I do. I love my hobby.
8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”