CLAP... thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 pm lol.. why Banjo?
Because there was one lounging on the sofa behind him in the video...

Ahhh...I only looked at the head and the frets not the body, didn't realise it was a Banjo.
My bad.
rsp
sound sculptist

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm
neo77 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm IMHO we should be focussing on making music and do not need another plugin standard to worry about. I have a bunch of DAW's that do not even support VST3.
Well my DAW now supports CLAP and my most used synths are from u-he which is also supporting CLAP which allows me to do all sorts of new modulation stuff in my favorite synths which was not possible with VST2 or VST3 versions.

So I'm thrilled about CLAP. You of course are free to ignore it. :tu:
That's perfect and apologies if my comment was a little brash. I meant it with a little 'tongue in cheek'. For sure an interesting ecosystem if you're into it. I'm still stuck in the past a little having heavily invested in infrastructure over the years and have regressed towards hardware (both outboard FX/comps/EQ + instruments) instead of upgrading my computers/DAWs, etc recently. But probably something to do in the next few years e.g. get new comps + latest versions of all the DAWs + plugs. I know I digress but CLAP is to me a little in the same camp as Midi 2.0, great great development but not something I would find useful/productive at this stage. Happy Music Making from London, UK! P

Trancit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:17 pm
And how do they appear in the list where you load the plugins??
I don´t want to rename a single instance... I want to rename it right from the start to have all instances automatically having my custom name...
LP2.png
LP1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cubendo definitely needs something like that.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 am Watching it now... no offense to Urs etc, but I think Bacon Paul is such an effective communicator...
After watching that live stream, I think we should start calling him BanjoPaul! :hihi:
lol.. why Banjo?
rsp
There's a banjo on the couch over his shoulder throughout the livestream.

Ooops...beely beat me to it.

Really wish KVR let you delete posts. Carry on folks, nothing to see here.

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:41 pm Cubendo definitely needs something like that.
rsp
Agree. Studio One too. S1 lets you rename them in the Mixer view on a per-instance basis, but you can't rename them globally in the browser or permanently hide plugins in the browser. They have a "Plugin Manager" but it's practically useless in its current state without these features.

In Cubendo we can hide but not rename. (I saw your post about UAD and IK MM installers, littering your hard drive (my words not yours :)).....(sometimes I get betas to test that forget which are hidden and alas makes that not as useful... but this is not SB's beta other 'hosts')..
But I digress.
When does Avid make an official statement.. Come on Avid, I am very curious.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nobody is going to make any official statement until they have had hands on experience. Which I presume won't happen until a lot later than week #1 ;-)

zvenx wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:49 pm When does Avid make an official statement.. Come on Avid, I am very curious.
rsp
Avid just died from subscription only disease… Its too late…

fisherKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:38 pm
I don´t want to rename a single instance... I want to rename it right from the start to have all instances automatically having my custom name...
Plugins.jpg
Tbh, the only thing I am interested in is the first column...
For example the naming of Spire... I don´t want to see this f*cking "-1.5" or this stupid "...stereo" on every Waves plugin...
If this can be changed in Logic then yes, it can put itself into the category of plugin renaming... if not it´s just a placebo for me imho...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trancit wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:29 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:38 pm
Plugins.jpg

Tbh, the only thing I am interested in is the first column...
For example the naming of Spire... I don´t want to see this f*cking "-1.5" or this stupid "...stereo" on every Waves plugin...
If this can be changed in Logic then yes, it can put itself into the category of plugin renaming... if not it´s just a placebo for me imho...
this whole conversation is SO off-topic. but the plugin names on the left are the default names; i NEVER see them once i rename them in logic's plugin manager. i only see the custom names i've chosen.

anyway, let's get back on topic...

CLAP deserves a clap :clap:
No auto tune...

Pro tip for Logic's custom names, you can use emoji 😁.
Last edited by trackbout on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:52 pm Nobody is going to make any official statement until they have had hands on experience. Which I presume won't happen until a lot later than week #1 ;-)
i can officially announce, i will be supporting clap and the clap devs :clap:

it had been mentioned many times "someone should do something!!" about the whole vst3 debacle, steinbergs stranglehold on the plug in devs. but no one ever did anything.
now you guys have stepped up, and presented something, not to oust the king, but to offer a free way of life without sovereign rulers!!
and something which seems to not only fix the issues that have been brought up over the years, but adding new bits as well.

i knew when i saw you in your pants you were special :lol:
hopefully, life and pandemics permitting, i shall see you next superbooth too :D

Return to “Instruments”