The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Worked on a track for hours only to find the rombler preset was too out of tune to work with anything else.

Waist of time.....

I was going to do some work but ended up pin pointing a problem with the set up and fixing instead. I don't mind having things sorted, but I'm not in the mood to play now.
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

I spent all day figuring out how to get audio directly from my computer into Meta’s Horizon World Oculus app. What a kluge. Why Meta doesn’t allow any sort of file import is beyond my ability to comprehend. I get that they want to provide basic users with tools to build their own stuff, but why bock people who have their own abilities?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Wednesday: installed BeetTweek, was mighty confused by it for a few hours and then figured out most of it, wrote to the developer and got my other questions answered.

Thursday: took the material from Tuesday, came up with more parts and recorded it.

Today: rearranged my rack. Modules are grouped by manufacturer (except for Planar & Shapeshifter) and by panel color, while still meeting all my specific placement needs (controllers on lower right, etc.)

Also recorded another track... so that's now 65 minutes of material for the next release. Right now I'm thinking I'll keep it all.
It's got a soundtracky sort of vibe, maybe more than my last few, and everything just seems to fit.

oh what a cool idea for a thread. Today, very little time in the studio, but I worked on a 303 acid 150bpm old school techno/trance thing for fun. Added automation, put in a few more riffs, and played around with Elysia Alpha on the master.

With the Alpha I tried compressing the mid channel heavily but then using the mix control just to bring in about 20%. Very good effect. I've been really drawn to the Elysia plugins lately.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Played around with my new Syntakt :)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Reshaping drums and vocals into a skeletal ensemble of dark and ominous mystery of shadows......

Started a piano trap beat yesterday. I'll check if it still sounds good this morning 😁

I also found some free online courses on the Harvard University website, I'll start one and see how I get on. Some of the course subjects are in the music and art section 🎹🔊

Started mastering the next release, which still doesn't even have a name.

I am often reminded of the lyrics to a certain song as relates to working on new material in the studio:

"You can get it if you really want
You can get it if you really want
You can get it if you really want
But you must try, try and try, try and try
You'll succeed at last"

I just made a banger while sat at work (with race cars making loads of noise in the background, plus cars/bikes coming past the workshop with loud exhausts 😂

I used the MacBook Pro internal speakers and 15€ JBL earphones with a Manthey Racing (Porsche) mechanic sat next to me

*portable studio not a real one*

Recorded some midi geetar bits for this months FL contest (use only the included samples). Them buggers won't thwart me from some axe attack, :hihi:

I recorded on August 8, 2020 a 2 minutes improvisation with a layered sound of Pigments and Hive in Bitwig.
artie fichelle sounds natural

Recorded the sound of frying bacon.

Placed it on some bread with some lettuce and tomatoes.
I don't know, samples just aren't the same as the real deal sometimes.
(Should have used a higher bit depth)

Started a new song inside FL while the last shreds of data transfer from the problem child usb before things go back to 'normal'
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”