Need some good bagpipes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Granted a very niche need and sound for most...but if you're serious about it, IMO look no farther than here: https://www.universal-piper.com/en/the- ... gpipe-lab/

Nice.

mixyguy2 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:15 am Granted a very niche need and sound for most...but if you're serious about it, IMO look no farther than here: https://www.universal-piper.com/en/the- ... gpipe-lab/
As good as they may sound: an unknown company with a 2020 copyright date on the website wants to sell me a challenge/response plugin where I have to trust them to get a new unlock code in 3 years ? No thanks...

I think the world needs good bagpipes, but more importantly, the world needs bagpipes to be good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:35 pm I think the world needs good bagpipes, but more importantly, the world needs bagpipes to be good.

secret to making bagpipes sound great.
fire.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:35 pm I think the world needs good bagpipes, but more importantly, the world needs bagpipes to be good.
:lol:
Always Read the Manual!

I've had to run off a few pipers in my time, weirdly. It's cool though, because they are used to that I guess.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:38 pm

fire.
I kid, but there are times when I really love a good bagpipe. Like when you have to put your first officer into a photon torpedo and shoot them into a proto-planet or when your walking past the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Half Moon Bay and they have a bag piper walking the grounds at dusk.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

fire.
Didn't Omnisphere do that already?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 pm

fire.
that was a piano, and they messed up, piano requires c4.

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm As good as they may sound: an unknown company with a 2020 copyright date on the website
Yeah I forgot how important a copyright date on a web site is regarding the quality of a plugin. (?)
wants to sell me a challenge/response plugin where I have to trust them to get a new unlock code in 3 years ? No thanks...
?? I give up, what are you talking about?

Some funny replies here. With a thread about bagpipes I expected that :) But you never know what niche instrument people might be looking for. I don't have Omnisphere but never heard a good bagpipe VI before this (and yes believe it or not I had call for one at one point...and it had nothing to do with Spock lol).

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:50 pm
syntonica wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 pm

fire.
that was a piano, and they messed up, piano requires c4.
I would have picked trebuchet, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can't please everyone.
(Funny how plastique has it's own pitch.)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Can't say for sure,but i thing bagpipe originate from bolkan peninsula...read some article that thracian soldiers within roman legions bring it to britain,but can't prove anything,anyway... !?
I am from this region and in my country (Bulgaria) this is very popular folk instrument called Gajda.
First video is world record 333 bagpipes/gajdas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7pDfPXEe4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUwR1nJdTk8

mixyguy2 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:30 am
rasmusklump wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm As good as they may sound: an unknown company with a 2020 copyright date on the website
Yeah I forgot how important a copyright date on a web site is regarding the quality of a plugin. (?)
wants to sell me a challenge/response plugin where I have to trust them to get a new unlock code in 3 years ? No thanks...
?? I give up, what are you talking about?

Some funny replies here. With a thread about bagpipes I expected that :) But you never know what niche instrument people might be looking for. I don't have Omnisphere but never heard a good bagpipe VI before this (and yes believe it or not I had call for one at one point...and it had nothing to do with Spock lol).
I am talking about the copy protection system. I don't even buy that from big companies let alone small ones.
I have been burned three times now with bought plugins that I can't use anymore because the dev shut down the authorization servers.
And yes, how a dev maintains his web page says a lot about him.

Return to “Instruments”