NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

wohkeret wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:25 am Anyone noticed that redesigned interface of VC 160 shown on PA web page?
Sorry if it's been here already

It seems to be from the Guitar Rig 6 Pro components. It's misleading to put that image unless you are really getting that GUI these days. If that was the case, I would have got it as part of the NI updates.

Or maybe that refreshed GUI will be coming to the standalone (VST/AU) plugin version soon, along with other Solid Mix series effect plugins.

Noticed a funny thing on that page though. The audio demos linked are of Passive EQ and not VC 160.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:44 am I’m not interested in upgrading komplete until Kontakt has a resizable UI. It’s crazy trying to use thousands of pounds of sample library via a postage stamp interface.
Let's hope they implement a proper scroll bar (i.e. a skeumorphic one), not the almost impossible to see, almost impossible to grab one that they saw fit to introduce several years ago. Ooh, it's so 'clean' and 'modern'! It's laughable how so many developers decided to copy each other's bad designs... "But it's new - so it MUST be better!" Even though it's much more difficult to use, and almost impossible to see due to their stupid GREY colour choice. Firefox's scrollbar is just as bad- almost impossible to see because it's grey on grey - how original. How stunning and brave.

wohkeret wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:25 am Anyone noticed that redesigned interface of VC 160 shown on PA web page?

It's from Guitar Rig 6.

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:44 pm
m-ac wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:07 pm

I noticed that too. Hopefully the transition to a flatter design mean resizeable UIs are on the way. That'd be amazing for kontakt, but as developers libraries use bitmaps I dont know how that'd work.
Yes, that "transition to flatter design", can't wait. Damn those pesky affordances. Who needs to know what is and isn't clickable until AFTER you've moused over it anyway?
Flat design is bad design. You can resize Sylenth1 (for example) to any size you like - I have a 4K screen and can make it as big as the screen, and it's perfectly sharp every time, no matter what size I use. We don't need 'flat design', thank you. If I wanted to use a crap interface, I'd go back to DOS on a 640 a 480 four colour screen.
How is the new design any harder to use, or 'worse' than the current design? The knobs are exactly the same apart from the sidechain function, and thats likely because it looks to be an on/off visual indicator now. What are you going to miss the most, the pseudo wood panels on the sides or the reflective plastic panel over the VU meter? :lol:

IMO, this kind of approach is the best of both skeuomorphic and flat.

m-ac wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:57 pm
How is the new design any harder to use, or 'worse' than the current design? The knobs are exactly the same apart from the sidechain function, and thats likely because it looks to be an on/off visual indicator now. What are you going to miss the most, the pseudo wood panels on the sides or the reflective plastic panel over the VU meter? :lol:

IMO, this kind of approach is the best of both skeuomorphic and flat.
I think that the pseudo wood panels would be the most obvious omission...

There's a warm,organic tone that comes from the old wood...

You can really hear the difference 🌞
No auto tune...

m-ac wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:07 pm

I noticed that too. Hopefully the transition to a flatter design mean resizeable UIs are on the way. That'd be amazing for kontakt, but as developers libraries use bitmaps I dont know how that'd work.
Improved developer libraries with hybrid vector-bitmap graphics isn't too farfetched and seems long overdue.

If they release another Komplete without being able to resize Kontakt to a much bigger size they are a joke.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

im pretty interested in getting the session guitar mint/strat. i use starburst a ton and theres not much else like it. but i might just buy those directly instead of spending hundreds on komplete upgrade

mxbf wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am im pretty interested in getting the session guitar mint/strat. i use starburst a ton and theres not much else like it. but i might just buy those directly instead of spending hundreds on komplete upgrade
I waited till the end of the cycle and only paid like $150 to upgrade mine.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Kontakt GUI update is long overdue, I hope they give it this time. Other than that I don't know what they could add.

Fornicras wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 am Kontakt GUI update is long overdue, I hope they give it this time. Other than that I don't know what they could add.
Maybe a few more sample packs ? 🥳
No auto tune...

Kontakts UI definitely needs a huge upgrade
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Komplete Kontrol should finally allow for Multis
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Looking at the new Traktor version, I now expect that most of the "new features" of K14 will have a "subscription" in the title.
Only the biggest optimists will continue to believe that the subscription scheme will not be added to other NI products like Kontakt.
To buy full software (like in the case of Traktor) just to realize that it's not really full and some features are hidden behind a subscription wall is the greatest joke of this century. Good one NI :D

pixel85 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:12 pm Looking at the new Traktor version, I now expect that most of the "new features" of K14 will have a "subscription" in the title.
Only the biggest optimists will continue to believe that the subscription scheme will not be added to other NI products like Kontakt.
To buy full software (like in the case of Traktor) just to realize that it's not really full and some features are hidden behind a subscription wall is the greatest joke of this century. Good one NI :D
as long as people accept/support it companies & co always continue.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”