NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

So, do we think that Kontakt 7 will just “upgrade in place” Kontakt 6, since they dropped the number from the plug-in name on Kontakt 6? Existing projects will be upgraded to v7….? God, I hope so!

I bought Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition last year. What are the upgrade prices for Komplete usually?

BJ wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:15 am I bought Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition last year. What are the upgrade prices for Komplete usually?
$499 is the retail "Update" price for Ultimate Collector's Edition. It will only be discounted next summer assuming Komplete 14 will be out this year, which it should.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

abernathy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:26 am So, do we think that Kontakt 7 will just “upgrade in place” Kontakt 6, since they dropped the number from the plug-in name on Kontakt 6? Existing projects will be upgraded to v7….? God, I hope so!
I am hoping exactly for the same! :pray:

I don't remember the .dll name, but I guess it is only Kontakt now? If so, it should work that way.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:05 am
BJ wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:15 am I bought Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition last year. What are the upgrade prices for Komplete usually?
$499 is the retail "Update" price for Ultimate Collector's Edition. It will only be discounted next summer assuming Komplete 14 will be out this year.
Now they’re in bed with Izotope and PA it’ll be interesting to see if they continue with their usual pricing fun and games or adopt a whole new bunch of bs deals.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:36 am
$499 is the retail "Update" price for Ultimate Collector's Edition. It will only be discounted next summer assuming Komplete 14 will be out this year.
Now they’re in bed with Izotope and PA it’ll be interesting to see if they continue with their usual pricing fun and games or adopt a whole new bunch of bs deals.
I really hope they don't pollute Komplete with any Soundwide partners stuff. Last thing we need is more deals than the usual expectation.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:14 am
I really hope they don't pollute Komplete with any Soundwide partners stuff. Last thing we need is more deals than the usual expectation.
The whole idea of Soundwide was not to innovate together but to shove each others products and content down our throats. (and don't bring met that "Oooh but Traktor now has OZONE!!")

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:14 am
whether soundwide or not, i think many companies will be offering more deals than before in the next couple of years.
everyone is going to be fighting for your cash, as you will have little to spend on nice things.

as a fish called derek once said "this world, is totally fugazi"

Another expansion today, Concrete Sun. Japanese hip-hop.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... crete-sun/
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:02 pm Another expansion today, Concrete Sun. Japanese hip-hop.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... crete-sun/
As much as I wanted to like some of the expansions or play instruments - the one I bought and the one I got for free sounded like a good idea. Both really bad. Imho. For what I do.

This one would fit the same category.

k

Absolutely, I agree that Soundwide is simply made for cash grab purposes. It's very apparent actually, especially to those who have spent some length of time in this "music production and plugins buying/selling" world.

From NI end, we already know most of what's going to be in Komplete 14. It only remains to be seen if they will add iZotope and PA stuff. As long as the update/upgrade pricing remains the same, it doesn't matter much I guess. You can always not install things you don't need. But I would still want Komplete to not include any non-NI stuff. Separate special bundles? Sure, for those who want to fall for it.

pffft I want it to include as much as possible. Why would you NOT want it to come with something?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:14 am pffft I want it to include as much as possible. Why would you NOT want it to come with something?
Because it will probably add to the price and it will add fluff from other vendors. You are shopping at NI because you want their products, not 1/3 of the products from other vendors otherwise you shop there.

It seems so tired, uninspired and they have run out of ideas when then just start pushing content sample packs (oh.. sorry.. eXpAnSiOnS) and adding fluff from other manufacturers.

Slate digital did it as well when they couldn’t deliver on the promise of a continuous output of their own work. So they start throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there from other vendors to give their subscribers something.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:19 am Absolutely, I agree that Soundwide is simply made for cash grab purposes. It's very apparent actually, especially to those who have spent some length of time in this "music production and plugins buying/selling" world.

From NI end, we already know most of what's going to be in Komplete 14. It only remains to be seen if they will add iZotope and PA stuff. As long as the update/upgrade pricing remains the same, it doesn't matter much I guess. You can always not install things you don't need. But I would still want Komplete to not include any non-NI stuff. Separate special bundles? Sure, for those who want to fall for it.
Agreed, I prefer the Komplete line-up stays as it is now, possibly adding new versions with PA/Izotope product "pollution" but without changing the current ones :)

- Mario

Return to “Instruments”