NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:33 pm Received my pre-order about 1.5 hours ago. Opened Native Access 2, which automatically activated my Collector's Edition Update. Immediately received 3 emails from NI, as below:

- Plugin Alliance Bundle for KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION
- Choose any 3 Plugin Alliance plugins for $29.99
- NI e-voucher

NA2 still loading after an update...

By the way, clever idea by NI/iZotope to bundle Ozone 10 Standard directly in Komplete 14 and Native Access 2. This means you can't simply sell on the unregistered serial number you would have otherwise got from iZotope. I wonder how to register Ozone 10 Standard in our iZotope account?
I bought K14 Standard. NA2 was loading for a long time before I gave up and had to go. I haven't received vouchers yet (one NI, one PA). I'll try again tomorrow. Email will come...eventually.

k

m-ac wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:56 pm Does kontakrt 7 overwrite kontakt 6? Does anyone know if the S series lightguides work when running kontakt outside of komplete kontrol now?
No, I don't think so. It seems that Kontakt 7 is VST3 only, so there is no question of overwriting the VST2 file and I can see a separate Kontakt 7.vst3 file. All good I guess? :)

Early buyers, What’s Kontakt 7 like?
Much of a difference?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:04 pm All good I guess? :)
Not really, that means I'll have to keep K6 installed because NI in their infinite wisdom would assume I want two versions of kontakt installed.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:33 pm Early buyers, What’s Kontakt 7 like?
Much of a difference?
I don't think it's available with the initila release....to follow...?! (remember Maschine X :lol: )
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

m-ac wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 pm
Not really, that means I'll have to keep K6 installed because NI in their infinite wisdom would assume I want two versions of kontakt installed.
Okay, but I think there are pros and cons of either IMO.

The clue of Komplete 14 going download only was actually in the graphics design itself. Until now, Komplete was always shown as a box. For the first time ever, it is just a graphic.

Don't get me started on this one...on my PC I have Kontakt 3.5-7 installed.
rsp
sound sculptist

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:24 pm
I am genuinely curious, what are the pros? (beyond marketing for NI)
as I said above, on my PC I have had to keep Kontakt 3.5 thru 7 on my machine.
On mac I have Kontakt 4 thru 7. (Kontakt 4 probably wouldn't even work properly on my current OS, haven't tried)

What are the pros?
NI get to see see I we have a new version.
And I guess if this is buggy as hell and Kontakt 6 was stable for you, you can have them running side by side (of course you could just uninstall 7 and use 6 and wait for 7 to be stable in such scenarios)
But what are the pros?
rsp
sound sculptist

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:13 pm I am glad that they added preview for sounds in Kontakt, like in Komplete Kontrtol. Very useful.
Is it possible to automatically create previews for user libraries?

So the old browser is still there? Wow so they just wrapped a new browser around it and the new factory UIs are just huge pictures for no reason. Amazing update. What the hell have they been doing for all these years.

zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:33 pm
I am genuinely curious, what are the pros?
rsp
No compatibility problems? My Kontakt 6 projects will continue to load normally and I can use Kontakt 7 for any new projects going forward. My setup is simple - just one PC, so I don't see it as a problem, personally, plugin wise.

But library wise, yeah, Kontakt 6 Factory Library taking up huge hard drive space (> 20 GB apparently) is a problem.

Anyway, it is what it is.

The old browser is also there. During testing I insisted that some of us, many of us, want to be able to use it without breaking our workflow of 15+ years.
There is the new browser for those who didn't like the old browser.
rsp
sound sculptist

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:46 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:33 pm
I am genuinely curious, what are the pros?
rsp
No compatibility problems? My Kontakt 6 projects will continue to load normally and I can use Kontakt 7 for any new projects going forward. My setup is simple - just one PC, so I don't see it as a problem, personally, plugin wise.

But library wise, yeah, Kontakt 6 Factory Library taking up huge hard drive space (> 20 GB apparently) is a problem.

Anyway, it is what it is.
yes but if Kontakt 7 was named Kontakt with the same vst id (think Hive 2, Omnisphere 2, Nexus 3,4) etc, it would also do that.
What was the first version of Kontakt you started to use?
If this continues by the time Kontakt 10 comes out, some of us would have had to keep 7 Kontakt versions on our machine.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”