NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

rod_zero wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:41 pm the more i see the graphics of the new kontakt library the more I think musicians are not their target market. It is su dumbed down and so focused on aesthetics without any regard to usability, it is insulting.
they have been only releasing romplers will well engineered samples for a couple years now (starting with paly series more or less). i think komplete is now for the 'new' bedroom producer and everything who wants more than useable samples out of the box needs to go ultimate. also even tho these romplers sound nice and you can start with something i found its hard to use them in productions because you have to take off effects at some point and then it gets very clustery to retain the core sound and make stuff mixeable. at least in my experience.

gExpectations wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:47 pm
rod_zero wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:41 pm the more i see the graphics of the new kontakt library the more I think musicians are not their target market. It is su dumbed down and so focused on aesthetics without any regard to usability, it is insulting.
they have been only releasing romplers will well engineered samples for a couple years now (starting with paly series more or less). i think komplete is now for the 'new' bedroom producer and everything who wants more than useable samples out of the box needs to go ultimate. also even tho these romplers sound nice and you can start with something i found its hard to use them in productions because you have to take off effects at some point and then it gets very clustery to retain the core sound and make stuff mixeable. at least in my experience.
I think this is only really true for the synth-based Play series which, unfortunately, is really all the new stuff Standard folks get (and the clumsy expansions). The higher end sample libraries are often extremely good, and definitely useable by professionals and serious customers (with the caveat at how disappointing the orchestral series is).

The main reason that KVR is so negative (seems to me) is that the core membership here are serious synth-heads. This is the area that NI have been so poor on over the last decade, with their one new major synth - Massive X - Massively Disappointing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:17 am
zvenx wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:21 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:04 pm IMO, Kontakt 7 is better than what everyone here thinks. I think it is one of the few steps in the potential right direction and it will be interesting to see its evolution and the future Kontakt (NKS) based libraries.
What are your top 3 things about it you like?
rsp
Can list at least 4, as below:

1. The new browser and search
2. Sound preview and favoriting
3. Factory library 2
4. Working with any third party Kontakt library just like factory and NKS libraries

You might argue that some of the things were possible in some way with Komplete Kontrol, but having them in Kontakt 7 is quite useful to me. Only immediate thing I remember where KK has a slight advantage is the "easy to use" Arp and Chord features. If they add them to Kontakt in the same way, it would be awesome.
Got ya.
Thanks.
So indeed you fall in the target audience of this update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ironically the new free point update to Falcon is a bigger update than the update from K6 top K7!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:56 pm Ironically the new free point update to Falcon is a bigger update than the update from K6 top K7!
UVI is really being great about adding value to Falcon. it's very different than kontakt and the libraries are obviously not comparable though there's more and more available for Falcon all the time. the synthesis aspect is massive and the granular, modulation + fx are fantastic..

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:56 pm
gExpectations wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:47 pm
I think this is only really true for the synth-based Play series which, unfortunately, is really all the new stuff Standard folks get (and the clumsy expansions). The higher end sample libraries are often extremely good, and definitely useable by professionals and serious customers (with the caveat at how disappointing the orchestral series is).

The main reason that KVR is so negative (seems to me) is that the core membership here are serious synth-heads. This is the area that NI have been so poor on over the last decade, with their one new major synth - Massive X - Massively Disappointing.
I think we are in agreement here, i was trying to draw a difference between Komplete and Ultimate and as you said Komplete mainly adds more Play Series right now. I think they just more strongly try to delineate Ultimate for more advanced mainly sample based stuff and regular Komplete more for song starter type of deals.

NI is just thinking our wallets since no need to upgrade :D
Everything is getting so expensive (food, electricity...) so it's better that these updates are less appealing at this time :D

mcbpete wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm Does anyone else's Native Access 2 take waaaaaaayy longer to load than v1 ? Previous version was about 10/15 seconds to login and check the status of any possible updates but this new one adds about an additional minute on top of that....
So we're now on v3.0.1 and it now takes 3 minutes 40 seconds for Native Access to full load on my machine (on an SSD, 80mb/s internet connection, i9 10900k). Well done team ....

Native Access 2 can't activate the old KSD versions like Massive, FM8, Absynth5 Guitar Rig 5 which i nede for my Kore 2. The newer versions don't work in Kore2 and the old versions want to run service center :clap:
I have all soundpacks for Kore 2 and can't use it anymore - what a mess.
With NAtive Access 1 everything was working. What the hell are they doing ?????

sacer wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:51 am Native Access 2 can't activate the old KSD versions like Massive, FM8, Absynth5 Guitar Rig 5 which i nede for my Kore 2. The newer versions don't work in Kore2 and the old versions want to run service center :clap:
I have all soundpacks for Kore 2 and can't use it anymore - what a mess.
With NAtive Access 1 everything was working. What the hell are they doing ?????
They want more of your money. Just say no and move on.

And Scarbee Funk Guitarist is gone.
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

I downloaded and installed k14ce except for Ozone 10 Standard which keeps giving an unknown error. Anyone else had this problem?

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:22 am I downloaded and installed k14ce except for Ozone 10 Standard which keeps giving an unknown error. Anyone else had this problem?
You have to update Native Accesss to version 2 and it will work.

Thanks. NI got back to me with same info.

Return to “Instruments”