Clap support

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone.

We already talked with the main clap developer (hey dude) and had a great discussion.
It's great to see someone brave enough to tackle such complex matters, intricate between proprietary formats and standards that the whole industry is relying on.
This is an admirable initiative.

As we discussed with him, we are opened to discuss further the topic and evaluate the support of this new format. But of course as a company you need to balance the manpower & cost of supporting this technology (developments required, additional compatibility testings, bug fixing, maintaining different formats in parallel etc...) versus the direct benefits for the musicians & producers out there.
As soon as this balance is favorable for everyone, this will encourage more and more actors from the industry to jump in.

From a user benefit perspective it is true that polyphonic modulations is quite niche, but there are probably other benefits that will arise in the future which may encourage more manufacturers to jump in, and I look forward to see what the future developments can bring for the users.

Cheers
Edouard

Sounds like good news…
I am not sure if per voice modulation is such a niche. Its just that expressions didn’t really lift off because of all those VST3 woes. CLAP is pretty new and per voice modulation is also a question of host support. As a Bitwig user this is one of the most exciting things since sliced bread…
The others simply don’t know yet. Its as it was with MPE. Once you experience it, you can’t live without. It opens up a complete new beautiful universe…
And per voice modulation is MPE on steroids, if you got MPE, CLAP isn’t that far away… In addition you get new freedoms for its permissive licensing… U-He reports in the long run even less needed resources for changing the code base from VST to CLAP…
Its an investment into a bright future…

Given all that drama surrounding Bitwig at the moment, it might make sense to wait for at least one other DAW to support it

Held wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:41 pm Given all that drama surrounding Bitwig at the moment, it might make sense to wait for at least one other DAW to support it
At least one is coming, with CLAP support already there in a pre-release version...

Reaper?

correct
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Edouard Arturia wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:43 am Hello everyone.

We already talked with the main clap developer (hey dude) and had a great discussion.
It's great to see someone brave enough to tackle such complex matters, intricate between proprietary formats and standards that the whole industry is relying on.
This is an admirable initiative.

As we discussed with him, we are opened to discuss further the topic and evaluate the support of this new format. But of course as a company you need to balance the manpower & cost of supporting this technology (developments required, additional compatibility testings, bug fixing, maintaining different formats in parallel etc...) versus the direct benefits for the musicians & producers out there.
As soon as this balance is favorable for everyone, this will encourage more and more actors from the industry to jump in.

From a user benefit perspective it is true that polyphonic modulations is quite niche, but there are probably other benefits that will arise in the future which may encourage more manufacturers to jump in, and I look forward to see what the future developments can bring for the users.

Cheers
Edouard
Thanks for throwing us a line here Edouard. I, and I'm sure many others, are looking forward to seeing MPE controllers (or something like it) become ubiquitous and affordable. Maybe we'll see a first step at Rendez-vous? :wink:

Cheers

Arturia has an open internship position for Clap development in their website:

https://jobs.arturia.com/o/rd-software- ... aintmartin

Pasaje wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:57 pm Arturia has an open internship position for Clap development in their website:

https://jobs.arturia.com/o/rd-software- ... aintmartin
"Within the Software team composed of 17 people, you will participate in evaluating this new format into our plugin." - 6 months internship... at least they are considering it.

- Mario

It looks like Arturia figures they can get a CLAP zealot to come in and work for free for them for 6 months.

That’s a smart approach. It resolves the issue I’ve been talking about here: spending company resources on a low priority with dubious benefit to the company or users.

It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines and figure out Edouard confirmed everything I’ve been trying to tell you here.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:09 pm It looks like Arturia figures they can get a CLAP zealot to come in and work for free for them for 6 months.

That’s a smart approach. It resolves the issue I’ve been talking about here: spending company resources on a low priority with dubious benefit to the company or users.

It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines and figure out Edouard confirmed everything I’ve been trying to tell you here.
:roll:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Disappointing how badly Arturia dropped the ball underwhelming us at Rendez-vous
Pasaje wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:48 amThanks for throwing us a line here Edouard. I, and I'm sure many others, are looking forward to seeing MPE controllers (or something like it) become ubiquitous and affordable. Maybe we'll see a first step at Rendez-vous? :wink:

2 Major DAWs will never support it. Cubase and Logic.
Protools highly unlikely
Studio One maybe in a distant future.
So that leaves it to Ableton to ignite the progress, if they are interested that is.

FL Studio?

just did a quick google and this is an answer from one of the devs on the Image Line Forums.
(note that you'd probably need to be logged in to see more than just the first few words of each reply, but since i don't have an account there, that's all that i could gather)
We will support CLAP when we get time, its a lo...
sounds like they aren't totally uninterested. it just might not happen immediately.

for reference, here's the link, so maybe there's somebody here who has an FLS account and is kind enough to enlighten us

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=281101
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

We will support CLAP when we get time, its a low priority at the moment. 21 is consuming all resources.

Return to “Arturia”