How many of your guitars are collecting dust?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I owned exactly one modded with humbuckers Les Paul Pro until about 8 years ago. I bought a Gretsch Powerjet and inherited my stepfathers Gibson Ripper and acoustic J-160E.
It's my main instrument but I'm a minimalist with guitars so even two electrics seems like too much.

very sorry to hear that
:(

I have been playing pretty much just my acoustic lately, my studio is also getting rebuilt but it will in progress for a bit.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

after some deliberation... i 'think' i have six electrics and two acoustics i ain't played in a while. oops and one ukulele lol mostly just playing my new martin acoustic and sometimes my les paul. two out of ten(ish) ain't bad i suppose... the rest have been collecting dust. but then again... i can only play one at a time lol

cheers

p.s. which reminds me... i need to replace a busted pot on my bass (it's not in the tally)
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

I've got 4 electrics and 1 bass I never play. And a banjo (because it's difficult). The other guitars all get some use. Most used are the Jazzmasters.

Just sold an unused PRS SE to buy a kontakt library (Straight Ahead Samples - Atomic Horns). Totally worth it.

Still have my 2 USA PRS guitars.

I currently have 10 collecting dust. They sit next to my TV which is also collecting dust. I haven't watched the TV in over a year. Same for the guitars. I plan to sell all those some day but haven't yet because my place would look real empty and forlorn without them.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I used an electric leaf blower on my piano over the weekend. We play it every day but, after 30 years, it collected all sorts of dust, pencils, and insect carcasses. Anyway, the leaf blower is highly recommended, costs about $30 if you already have the battery.

I've got an acoustic that I never unpacked when I moved here a year ago, and a Rogue Sitar Guitar (Danelectro copy) that's not really great quality. Very low output. My wife gave it to me, so it has sentimental value, and it looks kind of cool. I had a plan where I would bring it to a shop and have them upgrade it to a point where it's a fun to play instrument, but I never got to it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

After my recent purchases, I have to get rid of at least two.
Have I mentioned I love selling shit online? The last two people I dealt with on eBayClassifieds tried to rip me off, and only under the threat of legal action did they comply with their ends of the agreements.
Then finding two that aren't the new two.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

One that's in pieces. my first one. Wanted to make a DIY project out of it but it's been collecting dust dismantled, half-sanded and torn apart for years.

Loaned one to my nephew.
One i play weekly.
other i sold.

basses however 2/3 are collecting dust because I mainly record with one (the cheapest, old beaten up Ibanez RD828)

all 11 except the Strat :D so maybe I should to sell anything

All of them, but I'm about to dust one off and restring it if needed.

Edit: If only I could find it. So much dust. What a negligent householder.

One of my guitars I broke a string on two years ago and I've yet to replace the string (or all of them) even though I have packs of strings also collecting dust.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Honestly at least 3 of them. It's still overflow from my 20s thinking I needed more gear instead of learning the ones that I had.

Return to “Guitars”