OB-Xtreme Version 2 - FULL VERSION RELEASED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xtreme

It’s great but really need a vst3 version.

OB-XTRM 2 windows version is vst3.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:49 pm email received.
That's the only reaction on the recently released not yet officially released update or upgrade?
Since u can't demo and because of a lack of good feedback on the upgrade, I am going to pass this one.
Last edited by DCrown on Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

More fool you.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Extremly interesting vsti. Always wanted it to go 64 bit. How is the preset browser?

heks wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:38 pm OB-XTRM 2 windows version is vst3.
Well that's weird

Finally got it installed. Sounding good. Best way I can describe it is that it sounds to me like a high quality UVI sampled instrument, except it's a proper synth. Install took about three seconds. I was worried it was going to be a bit complicated after getting that last (HUGE) email from Aly. I'm a happy camper. A happy glamper even [A participant in glamping (luxury camping)]. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Had to buy it. In terms of sounding like an actual analog synth, this sits up there with softube imo. Can't find any fault in the sound. Fat as hell.

I really don't like the tune units BEING FROM -1.0000 TO 3.00000 with all the decimals in between even though it appears to jump in semi-tones. The values exposed to the DAW should be what they actually are (ie. semi- tones) so you can automate properly and also see real values on controller displays.

Why is the OTA Xtreme knob value range 10.00000 to 20.00000? Why is the post knob on/off values 0 or 10?

Who cares?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

hardcore tweakers and autists? I do miss some valuedispay while editing. Especially for the Oscs.

the synth-engine itself is really good, but on the other hand, the discodsp ob-xd is also very nice. In the end I just put em brotherly next to each other in my template, love em both. Portamento/glide action on the ob-xtreme is awesome, it got 2 potentios for that. Can really finetune the glideaction in that way.

Got no reply, yet, for the midicc settings globally instead of patchlevel, I do miss that. I control all my VIs with my system-8 and that thing is golden for these type of synthplugs. In fact I only use it as a midicontroller. I use the cloudversion if I need the synthengine :P

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:10 amWho cares?
People who write automation, or people who use hardware controllers with screens that show the values of the controls. Basically anyone who wants there to be a numeric value associated with the actual value of the knob, which must be lots of people or else why to we even have parameter values reported to DAWs.

It's music, you listen to it to work out how much to apply. Reading values is totally irrelevant to the process. The fact you can do wehther your MIDI controller shows values or not should tell you this.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:48 am
BONES wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:10 amWho cares?
People who write automation, or people who use hardware controllers with screens that show the values of the controls. Basically anyone who wants there to be a numeric value associated with the actual value of the knob, which must be lots of people or else why to we even have parameter values reported to DAWs.
I don't know where the hell this guy gets the energy to always be a douchebag. I'd say it has to be exhausting but every post is arguing simply for arguing. In his mind it's impossible for anyone else to have an opinion.

Hopefully the plug will be fixed because yes, these things are important to many people.

BONES is fanboy-ing on this product. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself. He likes it. It's just funny when BONES doesn't like a product quite so much and has no problem calling out similar issues as stupid.

Is it a huge issue that the synth doesn't show semi-tone values? Not really. Hardware doesn't either. But should it? Yeah. I think the only other synth I have in my collection that doesn't is OB-Xd. Literally every other synth plugin I own will (to the best of my recollection). Why? Because they can and it was long ago decided it would be beneficial to provide users that information. Pure convenience. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's basically a standard practice.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:22 pm BONES is fanboy-ing on this product. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself. He likes it. It's just funny when BONES doesn't like a product quite so much and has no problem calling out similar issues as stupid.

Is it a huge issue that the synth doesn't show semi-tone values? Not really. Hardware doesn't either. But should it? Yeah. I think the only other synth I have in my collection that doesn't is OB-Xd. Literally every other synth plugin I own will (to the best of my recollection). Why? Because they can and it was long ago decided it would be beneficial to provide users that information. Pure convenience. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's basically a standard practice.
No issue if he's fanboy-ing. Good for him. But a response like "Who cares?" to a guy who obviously f*cking cares because he asked about it is just d-baggery. He clearly doesn't have a useful answer and would rather be a jerk vs. just keeping quiet.

Return to “Instruments”