OB-Xtreme Version 2 - FULL VERSION RELEASED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xtreme

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is a song we're working on for an EP and yesterday I repalced a few of the synth parts. It now has two instances of OB-Xtreme - one is doing the synthy percussion (layered over th eoriginal for extra punch) and the other is the hard sync solo. It's pretty much exactly one of the LEAD presets in OB-Xtreme with no effects and only minimal tweaking. The main synth line is Proclethya.

https://soundcloud.com/user-365521/bein ... al_sharing
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The hard sync sounds awesome.

Earlier (perhaps in the other thread?) I made a comment about how this didn't sound very analog, but it sounded unique. After actually receiving the synth, I think that sometimes when I hit a sweet spot, it might sound THE MOST analog of any of my softsynths. Maybe. Again its a very much a sweet spot synth so you need to find the exact right settings to make a patch come alive.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the opposite, it's FAT mode or nothing for me. I don't understand how you can turn it off and not be immediately disappointed.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Just bought this, I can't imagine for $50 I'm going to be disappointed considering the demos. It's possible that it's CPU heavy on the old Mac Pro or the M1 air in Rosetta here, but I doubt that's much of a concern, the demos sound huge and it's the type of synth you don't want to bury in layers of synths, so whether it's CPU heavy or not, not an issue.

I'm also of the mindset that if you want small developers to support Apple Silicon or VST3 etc. you buy their products early, you pay them so they don't have to do other work to pay the bills.

[edited ]
void main(dumb)

Got up and running with it the other night, seriously huge sounding. I stick by my thought that he used the OB’s as a starting point, all kinds of cool little things you can’t really do with an 80’s synth, it would take some serious hardware amps and boutique preamps to get the sort of huge you can get quickly with this thing! It’s not too bad CPU wise and stable. Seriously for $50 you can’t go wrong here, this thing is easily going into heavy rotation in my studio anyway.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 am There is an issue where saving a preset will occasionally cause FL Studio to crash to desktop. Aly is aware and thinks he might know the cause but no fix as yet.
Yeah I just wrote him an explanation of how I solved the Presets installer issue I had on Mac OS Apple Silicon etc. It is still in beta so people should keep that in mind when using it. Aly is super responsive, but he's one guy so of course there will be times when he's not.

Edited

Aly is, indeed, one of the good guys who just wants to do good work and make people happy. Definitely the kind of developer who deserves our support.

does it have midi learn by right clicking on a knob?

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Watched the review videos. Unlike other synths, this requires a more complicated brain to do. Outstanding sounds as if the synth is talking to you and is unlike any other in the market. Beautifully done. Regards.
maanga

Return to “Instruments”