IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

This thing is really good, much better than I expected.
Well done IK :hail:
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:40 am This thing is really good, much better than I expected.
Well done IK :hail:
Great to hear as I have bought it and not tried it yet! :party:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How streamlined is the capture process?
Last edited by chip mcdonald on Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm away from my computer or else I would have tried it by now.

How is the latency?
Are the "models with cabs" separable? As in, can you run just the cab?
What does Reaper report for CPU?

Not interested in capture
Studio One shows it at 0.2ms
Cabs Separable, although it appears not within Amplitube. Got to sleep will check it out tomorrow, but that what it appears to be.
REAPER, wouldn't touch it with a 40ft barge pole, CPU use is way less than Amplitube 5, it's quite light, surprised me.
and if you're a knob twiddler, twiddle away
Last edited by jinotsuh on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say NO to CLAP!

chip mcdonald wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:49 pm I'm away from my computer or else I would have tried it by now.

How is the latency?
Are the "models with cabs" separable? As in, can you run just the cab?
What does Reaper report for CPU?
0.2ms in Bitwig as well (can't feel it when playing)
You can turn on/off eq/gate/amps/cabs/fx etc
You can hided anything you don't own
Models are very good, from full amp/fx to just cabs to just pedals, everything I have looked at so far sounds good (SE Version) and not CPU heavy at all (but I am on an i9 12 core)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

tappert wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:31 am I hope we won't have to download and install all the stuff included in MAX for the SE edition, my SSD is almost full
Well, another 1.6GB!
don't know if it's only for SE or the same as MAX version

Don't forget to update your Amplitube 5 for TONEX integration.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:51 pm Don't forget to update your Amplitube 5 for TONEX integration.
Yup- 5.5 now :tu:

I have to say after a few hours use this is a really strong new release. I really can't fault it for the cost, well done IK :clap:

Anyone know how to create their own captures yet? Is there info on that? I haven't had a chance to dig into that yet, but haven't seen anyone else reference it either.

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm I have to say after a few hours use this is a really strong new release. I really can't fault it for the cost, well done IK :clap:
Interesting. Do you have AT5 too?
TBH, it's good but not better than the latest AT5 models. I'm not disappointed nor blown away

tappert wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:47 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm I have to say after a few hours use this is a really strong new release. I really can't fault it for the cost, well done IK :clap:
Interesting. Do you have AT5 too?
TBH, it's good but not better than the latest AT5 models. I'm not disappointed nor blown away
Yes, I am suing it in A5 as well but I am really liking the clean tones from this- I was using Scuffam for this before. as a 70 quid update (after jam pints) I can't complain, a few of the user models up already are good and the possibilities are limitless for new stuff and boutique pedals etc- I will try and make a few of my own this weekend from some Zoia pre-sets I have made....

There is already a TONEX 1.0.1 update.

Also, I have now recieved TONEX SE in my user area!

I believe this is because I already own AXE I/O.
Can any other existing AXE I/O owners confirm if they have received TONEX SE as well?

Big thanks to IK!
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:15 pm There is already a TONEX 1.0.1 update.

Also, I have now recieved TONEX SE in my user area!

I believe this is because I already own AXE I/O.
Can any other existing AXE I/O owners confirm if they have received TONEX SE as well?

Big thanks to IK!
That’s really cool, it sound really good to me, I’m going to put it through it’s paces in a bit here, see if this tech solves some odd artifacts in Amplitube 5 with the emulations there, especially on cleaner amps with high end.

Return to “Effects”