IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

Hmm, let me check again tonight…at the top level in tone.net in amplitube, I’d like to filter on presets with a tonex amp in them. But I guess I can filter on an included device, where tonex is that amp?

For the pages.. normally, in tonex, it shows a few, you hit scroll to see the next, then there’s a delay while it fetches the next group from the server to list. Is there a way to tell it to just get the whole list? It will still have to go to the server to get the capture , but it would make browsing faster…

So, I looked again - I see ways to filter the presets by things like 'clean', 'crunch', etc. but not for particular amps - is there a way to filter presents in Tone.NET inside amplitube (or even outside?) by what devices are active in that preset? E.G. i'd like to only show presets with a TONEX amp in them. Can that be added? Seems like a basic thing.

Also... the pagination is really a flow killer - scroll once, wait 5 seconds for the next 20 to load, scroll, wait 5 seconds for the next 20 to load.. for 4400 presets. Would be nice if it could fetch & cache the list, and only get updates each time. Or at least load many more than whatever it's doing (100 at a minimum) each page....

chroma wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:39 am So, I looked again - I see ways to filter the presets by things like 'clean', 'crunch', etc. but not for particular amps - is there a way to filter presents in Tone.NET inside amplitube (or even outside?) by what devices are active in that preset? E.G. i'd like to only show presets with a TONEX amp in them. Can that be added? Seems like a basic thing.
You can do this today. Just use the "magnifying glass" to search for the amp name you want. You can search for "JCM" or "Marshall" or "Twin", whatever terms you want. The key will be, how well/consistently did people tag their uploads. The IK ones are pretty consistent.

That can be combined with filters if you only want to see Amp+Cabs or Stomps, etc.

You can even search for username if you like someone's uploads like "wahwahman" or "funkybot". You can follow certain users and even leave comments on particular Tone Models.

There's a lot that can be done with the combination of search and filtering on ToneNET.

You shouldn’t have to tag it though… I mean, amplitube should know a preset is ‘ocd + maz18 + (cab)’ or soon eg ‘tonex + tonex + tape echo’ etc. the filter might be messy but it should work.

Eg - if you search ‘tonex’ in tone.net within amplitube, I get zero results. Maybe just no one has posted a complete preset with tonex yet.

chroma wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:54 pm You shouldn’t have to tag it though… I mean, amplitube should know a preset is ‘ocd + maz18 + (cab)’ or soon eg ‘tonex + tonex + tape echo’ etc. the filter might be messy but it should work.

Eg - if you search ‘tonex’ in tone.net within amplitube, I get zero results. Maybe just no one has posted a complete preset with tonex yet.
You cannot post an Amplitube preset with a Tonex amp to tone.net. At least not yet.

TONEX 1.0.2 and AmpliTube 5.5.1 are out! Please update both using IK Product Manager, and then start TONEX 1.0.2 first to make sure your library.db is initialized properly and then you can start and use AmpliTube 5.5.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:01 pm TONEX 1.0.2 and AmpliTube 5.5.1 are out! Please update both using IK Product Manager, and then start TONEX 1.0.2 first to make sure your library.db is initialized properly and then you can start and use AmpliTube 5.5.
Peter, with GuitarML you can "Create your own Knob captures of the full range of a Drive / Gain / EQ knob from your amp or pedal, or quickly create snapshot models of a single setting."

https://guitarml.com/

Will we be seeing a TONEX update that does that?
Or perhaps updated machine learning amp/stomp models in AmpliTube with full range of the Drive / Gain / EQ knobs?

Here's a Tubescreamer model made with GuitarML that captures the full range of the drive and tone knobs:

https://youtu.be/QVlmr_bECBE

Why can't IK do this?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Do you think this technology could also be used to match piezo recordings with miked ones of the same guitar? I used to play around with this old VST called Bodilizer and the IRs by 3 sigma audio but did not get very convincing results.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:01 pm TONEX 1.0.2 and AmpliTube 5.5.1 are out! Please update both using IK Product Manager, and then start TONEX 1.0.2 first to make sure your library.db is initialized properly and then you can start and use AmpliTube 5.5.
It's a shame these updates can't be a smaller download using incremental updates.

I'm still not impressed with Tonex, more demoing required.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

jamcat wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:09 am When you load a preset with TONEX amps in AmpliTube 5.5, the amp module has to be opened before it will make any sound.

Have the mixer module open in the main window then load a saved preset that uses TONEX. If there are more than one TONEX amps in the preset, each amp has to be opened in the main window before it will sound.
The above bug seems to have been fixed in AmpliTube 5.5.1

:tu:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I went in on this about 10 days ago, the standard ed. Have to say, I like some of the tones that are there, and there are some really cool tones uploaded to Tone.net, as well. Funkybot's Nice Twin, I think, has some nice Fender Deluxe tones. On it's own, uses little CPU on my M1 Mini. Within Amplitube 5, CPU usage goes up.
This is a good release.
Makes me wonder whether TrackS 6 will be entirely based upon this technology.
First time I tried anything through the CS version. Bought the standard version immediately.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks for the kind words on the Deluxe models. They're from the UAFX Dream 65 amp sim, which I'm sure you know. Those UAFX amps are pricey as all hell but really sound excellent!

I'm 100% in on board the TONEX train! I have a LOT of nitpicks and gripes about the software, particularly the gain staging and workflow, but doing these captures and A/B'ing them to the hardware, it's crazy how close they are once setup properly. It's a shame Overloud didn't allow users to create their own captures first. IK is the first, in software land, to really offer this in a clean package and they've basically stolen everyone else's lunch money in doing so.

I really hope no one puts out a better package because of how much time I've spent doing captures for this one! :lol: IK really knocked this out of the park overall. I hope they continue to refine this and invest in improving TONEX.

If they wanted to start over and create an "Amplitube ML" or Amplitube AI", using this tech as the basis for more complete amp and dirt pedal models instead of an Amplitube 6, I'd be 100% on board. I'd rather have TONEX with a few TONEX stomp slots and modulation/time-based effects from AT5 rather than using TONEX models in AT5.

Actually, no I didn't. I've stayed with Amplitube and Scuffham. My presets of those in my main template do not sound as good as the Fender Deluxe set @ 12. Great basis for a Fender clean tone.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:26 pm Actually, no I didn't. I've stayed with Amplitube and Scuffham. My presets of those in my main template do not sound as good as the Fender Deluxe set @ 12. Great basis for a Fender clean tone.
Slightly OT, but I was comparing the modeled AT5 Deluxe Reverb with The Dream '65, and it seemed to me like IK modeled the Deluxe purely as a "clean amp". Like, I just couldn't get raunchy, bright dirt tones out of it without adding a pedal. But if you run both clean and add a pedal in front, you could get them in the ballpark. Most I could get out of the AT5 version was some light drive. The UAD version has a bright edge to the distortion and gets raunchy very quickly. This is a tone I recognize from records.

Same deal with the Princeton Reverb. In the AT5 version, it just gets near the edge of breakup then stops. Now my vintage Princeton Reverb sounds like hot garbage when run into distortion territory, but it does distort quite a bit once the volume is up beyond 7. Clean though, that thing is gorgeous. Much warmer sounding than the '65 Reissue's I've heard.

If you didn't notice, both TONEX and AmpliTube 5 on Mac/PC have been updated to accommodate the cross-platform Tone Models etc with the new TONEX for iPhone and iPad also available.

Return to “Effects”