Contest: Aug "Gossip" + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here we go.

Next theme "Machine vs human"
Last edited by Hellfog on Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, it sounds hard to do...
I'd better start right now to figure it out.... :dog:

:tu:

Laguna Rising wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:37 pm Wow, it sounds hard to do...
It's everything I ever do - I want to do something; the machine has other ideas. :x

:? Could do with a bit of clarification please :?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Everything I do in music is me vs some machine. 😅
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Machines are complicated tools. Sometimes the complexity is hidden behind a simple user interface, sometimes not. Some machines are made just for one purpose and some have a wide usability spectrum. But in one respect they are all similar; They are rigid, they don't adjust to user and his/her needs.

The days of intelligent tools are but coming, tools that learn and seem to have a mind, that observe and anticipate user actions, that have dynamic user interfaces that integrate individual general purpose and limited purpose tools under one unified user interface.

And maybe one day, through a telepathic contact with your mind, machine tools appear to you like natural inborn abilities of your own mind.

The most important word in the theme is the smallest (vs. or versus) - when I first read it I had a negative impression of 'contra' or 'against' - a battle or something antagonistic.

However, 'versus' can also be something more subtle, a contrast or comparison.

Saying that, it's probably time to fire up the full-on terminator/Skynet cinematic theme.

Wicker Man wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:37 am The most important word in the theme is the smallest (vs. or versus) - when I first read it I had a negative impression of 'contra' or 'against' - a battle or something antagonistic.
Made me think of this:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Wicker Man wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:37 am The most important word in the theme is the smallest (vs. or versus) - when I first read it I had a negative impression of 'contra' or 'against' - a battle or something antagonistic.
happened to me too, must be the influence of movies.

Looking at and solving the polarity from some third point view is possible.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:48 pm
Laguna Rising wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:37 pm Wow, it sounds hard to do...
It's everything I ever do - I want to do something; the machine has other ideas. :x
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can use this angle :hihi:

Ok here are some great examples what Machine VS Human can be.

https://youtu.be/a1ThSi1wbqU?t=35
https://youtu.be/f3GY86rxEMU?t=78
https://youtu.be/pJdsV4riJyY?t=29

of course, this is only an example of what you can do.
Last edited by Hellfog on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellfog wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:16 pm Ok here are some great examples what Machine VS Human can be.
:o

you need to replace the versus with some other word then

harvon wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Hellfog wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:16 pm Ok here are some great examples what Machine VS Human can be.
:o

you need to replace the versus with some other word then
No

It is up to you, you make it Machine Vs Human: I was just given simple example.
But in my mind, you combine something machine with human elements.

I have a 3 minute recording of our washer/dryer combo machine which creates a perfectly steady rhythm. Going to try to use it in this month's contest. :borg:

@harvon
Wow ! That was fast :-o

:D

Return to “Music Cafe”