The Steve Urkel Effect in music: - ”Did I Do That?”

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Yadrichik_Chaya
KVRist
Topic Starter
201 posts since 5 Oct, 2021

Post Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:36 am

I had some conversations with the almighty Captain Silverpants @silverpants about entering the music café competition in May where you had to finish an old song (Silverpants won that competition BTW!) :party: :party: :party:

Knowing about the competition I went through old unfinished tracks of mine, I found many many gems but I also found a track from 2017 that I had forgotten about completely(!)

If someone had played it for me I wouldn't even know it was I who actually made it…

I suspect that I, that day in 2017, must have inhaled a certain green sticky herb, played around with either the You Rock Midi Guitar or Jamorigin's Midi Guitar 2 and then forgotten about the track…Just to rediscover it 5 years later… :drunk:

Has this happened to anyone else, rediscovering old tracks you've forgotten you've even made? :)

I will from now on call this phenomena of forgetfulness:

The Steve Urkel Effect: - (”Did I do that?!?”)

The Cubase project was named ”Muzakido Nippon” (Probably due to the Koto sound in it, I don't know) and consists of only MIDI tracks using HALion and Sampletank 3.

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... kel-effect
I play World music too, I'm just not sure which world it's from... :lol:

Bombadil
KVRAF
7534 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Not far from Mordor

Post Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:51 am

No. Only the doodles, of which I have a hundred or so.

IV!
KVRist
499 posts since 31 Oct, 2019 from Wonderland

Post Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:15 am

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:36 am I had some conversations with the almighty Captain Silverpants @silverpants about entering the music café competition in May where you had to finish an old song (Silverpants won that competition BTW!) :party: :party: :party:
As always, the music is amazing, Yadrichik! :o Although in this track everything seems to be a little mixed in one place, as if one person-an orchestra plays all the instruments at once)

I accidentally saw this post in the feed) I've heard about this challenge before, even went to see it... Maybe I should look at Music Cafe in case I'm not participating in OSC like this month. Or participate in the Asper-Mega-Challenge in Discord! :wink:

By the way, I don't have forgotten tracks, but there are one or two "from another era" that I will someday remake with proper quality)

Yadrichik_Chaya
KVRist
Topic Starter
201 posts since 5 Oct, 2021

Post Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:30 am

IV! wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:15 am
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:36 am I had some conversations with the almighty Captain Silverpants @silverpants about entering the music café competition in May where you had to finish an old song (Silverpants won that competition BTW!) :party: :party: :party:
As always, the music is amazing, Yadrichik! :o Although in this track everything seems to be a little mixed in one place, as if one person-an orchestra plays all the instruments at once)

I accidentally saw this post in the feed) I've heard about this challenge before, even went to see it... Maybe I should look at Music Cafe in case I'm not participating in OSC like this month. Or participate in the Asper-Mega-Challenge in Discord! :wink:

By the way, I don't have forgotten tracks, but there are one or two "from another era" that I will someday remake with proper quality)
Thank you! :D I've only entered Music Café twice, both times it was tracks made in just one day, just felt like putting something out there… :hihi:

With that competition there's always a certain theme you need follow, so while OSC has its restrictions Music Cafe has some restrictions according to the theme of the month.

But other than that you can use whatever FX, Real Instruments, VSTs, Samplers etc. you feel like. :tu:

Would be nice to see you there!! Silverpants also suggested another competition outside OSC, Mix Challenge Song Writing Competition where even some OSCers enter :tu:

Last time I entered Music Café it was, ”make a song only using two chords”

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... oo-cordial
I play World music too, I'm just not sure which world it's from... :lol:

Rene Asologuitar
KVRian
507 posts since 2 Apr, 2022

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 am

Enjoying this track a lot.
Thanks for this gem.
Rene

Return to “Music Cafe”