P565 SIREN Filter-Set released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wvshpr wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:57 amBargain!
Now 'the Drop' is a bargain at half the price. :wink:

memrise wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:32 pm
P900 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:10 pm
You tell me is it a bargain or not when:
  • 40 days full trial, no limitation.
  • Request to reset and do a 2nd 40 days trial.
  • No impulse buying marketing, so you can see if the product works for you.
  • Free transfer when you plan to sell your license.
  • For one year and a half now, we never went above 25% discount, hence keeping resale value high.
  • Since launching P42, we went from v1, v2 then v3 without charging users upgrade fees.
You claim "No impulse buying marketing, so you can see if the product works for you.", yet I just received an email containing this:

"We have the following 25% discount code valid for 22 uses. Grab your copy of Siren and be from the lucky 22 users."

Is this not "impulse buying marketing"?
Yeah I was kind of wondering that myself. Lol.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:48 pm
P900 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:56 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:10 pm
All of them have inferior filter algo's simply because of the age of the plugins , only one coming close are Ableton stock 'cytomic ' filters
Why not compare it against Cytomic the drop ?
But The Drop is from 2014, that is 9 years ago. So the “simply because of age” reasoning is not valid. Still, you enticed me and I will get The Drop and check it out.
With age I meant to say progress and new development in the dsp field , read : zdf filters etc .
Off the showcased examples , only the drop ticks all those boxes .
The drop is from 2014 but new filters models were added ( hd versions et) .
Strange that you never heard of the drop, Andrew Simper is a legend !
The Drop is imo the only plugin that can even come close in the vincinity of the HW Shippmann Ebbe und Flut filter, too bad the HW was mono, but wow, you could interface that baby on the back with around 20 CV input and outputs....

http://www.schippmann-music.com/ebbeundflut.html

memrise wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:32 pm
P900 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:10 pm

You claim "No impulse buying marketing, so you can see if the product works for you.", yet I just received an email containing this:

"We have the following 25% discount code valid for 22 uses. Grab your copy of Siren and be from the lucky 22 users."

Is this not "impulse buying marketing"?
We only have two fixed sales per year, 1st of July and Black Friday.
Since we launched P565 Siren v1 we had no promo discount, launch discount etc.. so now that trial users have been using Siren for some time and since we were releasing v1.1, we ran a limited discount campaign (which also addresses the many emails we got asking for some discount on SIREN, as they don’t want to wait till Black Friday).
We don’t run, summer sale, Memorial sale, New year sale, just about every other week sale etc.. so I don’t see what we did as an impulse buying marketing tactic.
https://www.pulsarmodular.com/
Pulsar Modular
The Sound is... UNBELIEVABLE!

We only have two fixed sales per year, 1st of July and Black Friday.
Since we launched P565 Siren v1 we had no promo discount, launch discount etc.. so now that trial users have been using Siren for some time and since we were releasing v1.1, we ran a limited discount campaign (which also addresses the many emails we got asking for some discount on SIREN, as they don’t want to wait till Black Friday).
We don’t run, summer sale, Memorial sale, New year sale, just about every other week sale etc.. so I don’t see what we did as an impulse buying marketing tactic.
I want to preface this by saying that I don't mind if you do sales or not, I'm just pointing out hypocrisy.

First of all I'm not a trial user, I've never installed one of your plugins. What I did is, I participated in a giveaway on gearspace and then, out of the blue, received this email. Therefore I don't know "if the product works for me", I just got a voucher limited to 22 uses. All of a sudden the pressure is on.

Speaking of that, the voucher is limited to the first 22 people. Discounts usually come with a specific time frame, so people know exactly how long they can wait to pull the trigger. Instead you limit the quantity, now it's a guessing game.
Basically you're putting even more pressure on people to be quick so they can be "one of the lucky 22". Impulse buying marketing at it's finest, no?
Honestly, I've never even seen a discount for a digital product be limited in quantity before.

We don’t run, summer sale, Memorial sale, New year sale, just about every other week sale etc..
I'd argue that having less sales amplifies the pressure, maybe I'm wrong.

All in all I just thought it's a bad look to justify your prices by publicly talking down on other developers tactics, then in private (through email) do exactly that.

Why would a sale for 3 days only be labeled as standard and no pressure marketing while limit to 22 is?
I still have not reached 14 users. So this campaign might take a week or two to reach the 22 limit.
I measure it based on rate of sale. So from my perspective, I am giving users more time than the limited time offer.
Siren was announced in Jan. 2022 and after 6 months, upon releasing v1.1, we did our first discount.
Please don't quote or assume things I did not say. I simply said I don't do frequent sales and gave examples. How you take it is up to you. For me, it simply says, I don't do frequent sales.

What is "normal" way and you "honestly not ever seeing ..." does not make your way RIGHT and my way WRONG.
The Norm is to sell for $99 or less; I don't.
The Norm is to do high discounts; I don't.
The Norm is to make frequent sales; I don't.
The Norm is to emulate an audio hardware design (circuit and User Interface); I don't- I design new ones.
The Norm is to answer you back in a "business style" way; I don't.
Pulsar Modular

Been demoing it. The raw sound is very very good, but I’ve been spoiled with the Drop’s modulation capabilities. I frequently use LFOs and MIDI note tracking to “play” it like an instrument.

If it’s meant to compete with hardware then we can also compare it to the T-rackonizer, which has LFOs and CV controls for cutoff/resonance that can be fed from any source.

Why would a sale for 3 days only be labeled as standard and no pressure marketing while limit to 22 is?
Ah! Whataboutism.
Point me to where I claimed such a thing? Both are pressure marketing. I take issue in Pulsar Modular's claim "No impulse buying marketing".
I still have not reached 14 users. So this campaign might take a week or two to reach the 22 limit.
Doesn't matter. The point is that it's not transparent. As a customer I have no idea about your sales numbers.
From what you're saying, I'm inclined to believe that you didn't intend to pressure people, but your intent doesn't change the effect.
Please don't quote or assume things I did not say
Point me to where I quoted something you didn't say, I'll gladly fix it.
What is "normal" way and you "honestly not ever seeing ..." does not make your way RIGHT and my way WRONG.
While I agree, I think that a limited discount is arguably worse than a timed discount, because with a timed discount at least you know exactly when it ends and don't feel the pressure to buy fast.
The Norm is to sell for $99 or less; I don't.
The Norm is to do high discounts; I don't.
The Norm is to make frequent sales; I don't.
The Norm is to emulate an audio hardware design (circuit and User Interface); I don't- I design new ones.
The Norm is to answer you back in a "business style" way; I don't.
Oooh so edgy, so different, very cool!
I couldn't care less about pricing or sales or what "The Norm" is. Please do whatever you want. I'm only pointing out your hypocrisy.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:51 pm Been demoing it. The raw sound is very very good, but I’ve been spoiled with the Drop’s modulation capabilities. I frequently use LFOs and MIDI note tracking to “play” it like an instrument.

If it’s meant to compete with hardware then we can also compare it to the T-rackonizer, which has LFOs and CV controls for cutoff/resonance that can be fed from any source.
The design of SIREN from the beginning was to let the DAW does these things. Some DAWS are better than others for this task though. Using Ableton and Bitwig, for example, allow you easily to apply modulators to any parameter on the plugin. Logic very easy too but has a crippling way where modulators work on MIDI track but not audio track (you need to use a workaround).
All in all, I plan to introduce in v2 some internal routing matrix for modulation.
As P42 is coming to v4 soon, P565 Siren will go through a similar organic update path.
Pulsar Modular

You should consider a rent to own thing, since you can control the license easily. That might make the cost more palatable to some. :shrug:

P900 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 am
masterhiggins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:51 pm Been demoing it. The raw sound is very very good, but I’ve been spoiled with the Drop’s modulation capabilities. I frequently use LFOs and MIDI note tracking to “play” it like an instrument.

The design of SIREN from the beginning was to let the DAW does these things. Some DAWS are better than others for this task though. Using Ableton and Bitwig, for example, allow you easily to apply modulators to any parameter on the plugin. Logic very easy too but has a crippling way where modulators work on MIDI track but not audio track (you need to use a workaround).
All in all, I plan to introduce in v2 some internal routing matrix for modulation.
As P42 is coming to v4 soon, P565 Siren will go through a similar organic update path.
I'm a huge advocate for internal plugin modulation for portability reasons. I can create a sound w/ modulation, then move it from Logic to Mainstage to Renoise to Triumph, etc.

pekbro wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:50 am You should consider a rent to own thing, since you can control the license easily. That might make the cost more palatable to some. :shrug:
For us to do rent to own means we need to spend lots of time to work the licensing code and make the plugin peek from time to time and connect to the internet or go the iLok route- both options are not favorable to us at the moment.
We enabled PayPal installment plan which spread the payment on 4 months in the USA and 12 months in Germany (they have different plans based on your country).
We do offer 40 days fully working license and you can request a 2nd reset for an additional 40 days.
Pulsar Modular

How about a riddle here on KVR?? it would be fun to pit KVR against GS to see who wins.

Workshop tutorial. First episode.
https://youtu.be/kVMTs8hs5Eg
Pulsar Modular

Pulsar Modular

Return to “Effects”