Malignant Intelligence (Seismic Recollection)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently, I was pleasantly surprised by the news that EnergyXT is making a comeback as a 64-bit application, so I threw myself into the alphatest with reckless abandon. What emerged from this experiment seems to recollect some of the music I was making back in 2009/2010 , although the darkness of more recent times has not made a total withdrawal from the scene. This track is assembled from a collection of presets which seem to fit together.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/mali ... telligence

Recorded/Mixed in EXT64
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Heroes and their Familiars:-

Obscurium
Tassman4
Z3ta+2
Microtonic
Dune 2
Ultra Analog VA-2
kHs Gain
UltraReverb
Satin
Linear Phase EQ
Opto Comp
EQP-1A
Brickwall Limiter

DR - 11

Hi seismic1,
Hypnotic and also very relaxing.
There is a bit of suspense in this track.
And there, the change of pace, lively and alive!!!
I am truly enjoying this track.
Rene

Enjoyable instrumental track and ambiace.
Nice composition and arrangement. I liked the sound selection.
Well done dynamic mix.

Some classy sounds in there.
And the mix is good with everything having its own space.
3:06 absolutely love that breakdown.

Wow, sooo cool.

Its like some kind of funky robotronic dance tune of the future.

This would really be great for a sci-fi film.

I give it 5 robots: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:03 pm Hi seismic1,
Hypnotic and also very relaxing.
There is a bit of suspense in this track.
And there, the change of pace, lively and alive!!!
I am truly enjoying this track.
Rene
Thanks very much for your comments, Rene. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Lively and alive. A scenario to ponder.

Got some very cool sounds on this Tim. Lots of great tension on display at the start with a great mix of the pulsing bass with the transient sounds. The drums are very cool. The single guitar notes are nice. Interesting patterns at the end.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I liked it a lot till that synth came in around 2:30, a little before. I thought that synth broke everything up and didn't sound right at all being there. I'm talking about the gated one to be clear. If It was me I remove that gated synth all together and replace it with something else more fitting. I thought the sound quality/mixing was fantastic. Of course all my opinion and you know what opinions are like.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

A successful return to beat driven music. Quite atmospheric with a nice choice of sounds. The mix is excellent.

Perhaps it could use an additional melodic part to add to its uniqueness/memorability. But overall, great job! :tu:

The synth sounds are all great. And the whole mix. I have heard commercial mixes (of electro artists) that sound a lot worse...
:tu:

(Btw. can you give a little insight into your mixing process. are you doing anything special?)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

markkuja wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:32 pm Enjoyable instrumental track and ambiace.
Nice composition and arrangement. I liked the sound selection.
Well done dynamic mix.
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and for the great comments, Markku. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I really like the suspense aspect in the intro. It feels like you are detecting suspicious activity and something is going to happen. The main part has an electronic drums which a bit rare for your recent music. A really nice and catchy groove. The synth parts are very reminiscent of late 90's to early 2000's electronic. It could have some more variations, but it still very addictive and I could listen to it on the loop.

I could expect to hear it in a dark sci-fi movie/game. Something like "X-Com" or dark flavoured "Command & Conquer" style strategy game.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Bansaw wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:59 pm Some classy sounds in there.
And the mix is good with everything having its own space.
3:06 absolutely love that breakdown.
All of the sounds used were presets, but I made some small modifications to a couple of them. I think there were a maximum of 10 sounds used at any one time on here, so the instrument placement choices were relatively straightforward and not too difficult to arrange.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Bansaw. Glad you liked it :)

It's dark and atmospheric. I like how it is arranged, feels like a good flowing story / ambiance. Lots of small sonic details everywhere work very well. Enjoyed it! Thanks and cheers!
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:07 pm Wow, sooo cool.

Its like some kind of funky robotronic dance tune of the future.

This would really be great for a sci-fi film.

I give it 5 robots: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
It's certainly got a very robotic main bassline which proceeds exactly "on-grid" throughout the song. Some of the other elements try to disguise this, in their odd little ways.

Thanks very much for listening, and for the great comments, PatchAdamz. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”