[Hi-NRG / US Disco] Stikkers - High Synergy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Made a track in the early eighties Hi-NRG/US Disco style using Linndrum samples and Arturia's OP-Xa synth. Hope to find out that more people like this genre and perhaps some critique on my song; any feedback is welcome! 8)

https://soundcloud.com/stikkers/high-synergy-v2

I remember this beat from the disco era.
This is a good one.
Very nice.
Rene

Hi there! The fundamentals are there, nice composition, bass, main synth line but I think that it needs a few more elements to spice it up a bit and make it a little more interesting. Some pads or synth/fx to build tension/variation, not much really, even some white noise with filter sweep on some parts of the track. Otherwise I like it a lot.. Im fun of the 80s – early 90s synth stuff. Italo, new beat, ebm, electro etc. Good work!

Hi, Dark Fiber!
I really like your song! Authentic drum patterns is great and recognizable! And the sound overall is so distinctive for 80s era!
I`m not an expert in this style of music, but I agree with Optical Fingerprint. For me, composition could be even better if had some extra spice or additional melodies or contrast parts etc. Or you can try to make a lead synth to play slightly differently in A and B part of theme, because now the lenght of the notes and the interval structure of chords and a register are almost the same. Just to add some contrasting elements in different parts.

Great foundation for a song.
But at the moment, its kindof a 8-bar loop which could benefit from variation.

Return to “Music Cafe”