Hardstyle/Instrumental ◬ Dead Eyes ◬ (All synthesized/No Samples/V-Station only)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

here's another One Synth Challenge track called ◬ Dead Eyes ◬
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/peterh-dead-eyes

It's a One Synth Challenge submission for OSC #161 featuring V-Station.
All sounds are synthesized. No samples used. No commerical FX.
All sounds start from a number of V-Station instances.
Accompanied by a hugh armada of DAW/free FX.
No external distortion FX and other FX not covered by the OSC rules.

As allways it's rather tricky to get something that slightly resembles a hardstyle kick from a synth that is limited in capabilities. So forgive me if kicks and other sound might only come close to some extent. I tried to do my best!

Looking forward to reading your feddbacks. If you want drop me a like and/or comment on soundcloud

Cheers
] Peter:H [

what’s the bpm of this track? in my opinion a little bit too slow for hardstyle :)
but apart from this: good work ! (but sorry, it has nothing to do with hardstyle 😂)

Hi Peter,
Great creative work here.
I love the change in pace of the beat.
Melody is very catchy.
Thanks for this gem.
Rene

andreasg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:48 am what’s the bpm of this track? in my opinion a little bit too slow for hardstyle :)
but apart from this: good work ! (but sorry, it has nothing to do with hardstyle 😂)
listen past 45 seconds, it picks up a lot.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Great job on this. The sounds are excellent even if some don't sound like a "standard". The distorted sounds are particularly tasty. e.g. The lead at the end
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

andreasg wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:48 am what’s the bpm of this track? in my opinion a little bit too slow for hardstyle :)
It's 148bpm. You are right probably a bit to slow. But as this is a submission for the One Synth Challenge it's a bit of a compromise to the OSC community which is not to keen on hardstyle anyways... and hope you listened beyond 0:45 after the intro when the energy is clearly a lot more.
And I would not say it does not resemble hardstyle at all. the structure of pathetic intro, build up, drop is what I used and which is used in lots of vids for instance defqon

I like that the drums sound slightly unusual. During the build up at :40, I might try to layer a transient with the snare to give it a bit more punch. The rhythmic change up at 2:05 is really cool. I agree that it might be a bit slow, but other than that nice work.

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:38 pm Hi Peter,
Great creative work here.
I love the change in pace of the beat.
Melody is very catchy.
Thanks for this gem.
Rene
Thanks, Rene.
Thanks especially for the positive words about the melody... I try my best to reach the level of hardstyle legends. And I still have some way to go. They often have this unbelievable orchestral intros featuring goose bumps melodies which then end in a burst of energy in the drop. And I'm still far from knowing how to get a pro "supersaw" melody sound... those guys know music and are pros in production techniques.

This synth (in your hands) sound really good. I don't know about the hardstyle genre. But for my classical trained ears the kick is fat enough :lol:

:tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Allomerus wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:51 am Great job on this. The sounds are excellent even if some don't sound like a "standard". The distorted sounds are particularly tasty. e.g. The lead at the end
Well done!
:)
Thanks, Allomerus! It took me a while to figure out how the lead at the end sounds good... I'm more than glad that you like it! Cheers mate.

Peter:H

Genetic_Junk wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:01 pm I like that the drums sound slightly unusual. During the build up at :40, I might try to layer a transient with the snare to give it a bit more punch. The rhythmic change up at 2:05 is really cool. I agree that it might be a bit slow, but other than that nice work.
Thanks, Genetic_Junk, for listening and your nice feedback.
I take your advice with the snare/punch layer and try to use it in the next track...I think it could as well be as simple as to do some automation of compressor attack. For getting the snare out of the way of the kick I have set the attack time of the compressor to rather low values. Such low settings it seems bit to much punch away. For the section when the snare plays without the kick I could set ot attack longer and let the transient trough...

Return to “Music Cafe”