Can anyone save me from myself?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For what I have seen on YouTube Softube Fader 1 follows the selected track in Reaper. Probably I will give it a try and put it on the left side of my desk. Surelly it will add some vibe when preliminary mixing and when automating. I am also thinking to order a custom furniture in https://www.mixingtable.com

Thanks again to all for your kind comments!

mduke123 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:16 pm For what I have seen on YouTube Softube Fader 1 follows the selected track in Reaper. Probably I will give it a try and put it on the left side of my desk. Surelly it will add some vibe when preliminary mixing and when automating.
If that works for you, you could also check out the Presonus FaderPort and Behringer X-Touch One. However, I think you'd like the Softube Track Overview Mode and the Console 1's track selection buttons.

mduke123 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am
Uncle E wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:20 pm FWIW, highly recommend the Console 1 over the TC solutions. Sounds better and solves your every request, including number of clicks (completely frees you from that).
It is very diificult to explain.

First the position of my sound tracks in the mixer are related to the multiple busses and paralel tracks, so for example now I am mixing a new song and my drums are tracks 76,77,78 and 79. The first 24 tracks are only VCAs. So I need those tracks to be there to decide if I want to paralel them and to see the levels of the sends. For this makes very difficult to use a 10 fader console and navegate to the track 76. Is there a way to solve this?

In the other hand I do not want to dedicate my sound to one brand. For example for compression I like very much TC DYN but I also like Melda, Acustica, Shadow Hills, SSL, Ik Multimedia so depending on the source I will choose one of them. The same for the saturation. Then it comes the frecuency collitions for what I use Neutron to detect and Smart:Comp to mix

In the end my mixes are very flexible in terms of colors. I guess now I need to experiment more.
Because I was curious and I know Berhinger x-touch allows you to jump 8 tracks at a time.

Sorry if you already found this info, but if not you can jump 10 at a time. It was easy on x-touch so I imagine even easier (and less noisy) than x-touch (from the Fader 1 product page):
Page

Don’t let the physical ten fader-limitation of Console 1 Fader fool you! As with most digital mixing devices, there are a lot more channels available than meet the eye.

By pressing the Page + and Page – buttons, you can scroll through your mixing channels ten channels at a time. So when looking at channels 1–10, pressing + will take you to channels 11–20, and so on. Pressing – takes you back again.

If you are using both Console 1 and Console 1 Fader, the OSD can show 20 channels at once. The thin blue line at the bottom of the OSD informs you, which 10 channels are currently active on the Console 1 Fader console.

jamcat wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:30 am Not sure why anyone would want to purchase a $1200 mixing surface to use with a $60 DAW.
I hear lots of people complaining how expensive stuff is these days. I tell you, it's all dirt cheap compared to some decades ago.

For the about the same money the OP wants to spend, 20 years ago I bought a Mackie 1604-VLZ mixing console. I hooked it up to two SoundBlasters, make-shifting a 4-track recorder and 10-channel playback HD recorder (2 ch from builtin Ac97, another 2 of a simple SB and 6 outputs of 5.1 SB) from my desktop PC using freeware muktitracking software.
In hindsight it does more than I ever needed, while being very limited to todays standards. I never really used it to do real multi-track mixing, it's easier to concentrate on one track only and record to a new track, then mute the old. So mixing ITB. But I think at the time it was a good buy. Would do it again. It's things I can afford because I have a good job and music is just a hobby, and a hobby costs some money.

For instance buying a MacBookPro or new MS Surface Pro just for music production is a bigger investment. Good monitoring speakers are in the same league. Do you know what an upright acoustic piano costs? What it costed 50 years ago? My parents did not own a car, partially because they preferred owning a piano.

/rant
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I have no idea why this thread is in Mobile…
I love ProTools and avoid it like the plague, because the company behind it is…
When I found those ProTools skins for Reaper the switch was easy… If you are familiar with Reaper stick to it…
I still have an eye on the Console 1 and Fader 1 controllers. I guess these are the best concepts for controlling big projects on a small footprint…
I just wonder, S1 should support Reaper, as it supports HUI/Mackie protocols… But its from the plague…

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”