Squirmy Worm God (silly pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A silly song about wanting to join a squirmy worm god.
https://archive.org/download/IA12RC/Irr ... hed%29.mp3
edited to fix link
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty cool!

hma wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:00 pmPretty cool!

The panning is very unconventional at some times (for "normal" standards) ... but i like it.
:tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:43 pm The panning is very unconventional at some times (for "normal" standards) ... but i like it.
:tu:
Thanks for listening and commenting. :) You are right about the panning. The hard panning on the vocals in the verses is very unusual. Like the song's subject, it's just a silly experiment. My own critique is the verses are missing something. I'm not sure what, but they are lacking. I think the chorus is pretty fun though.

Sounds a lot like some of the (good) alternative music I have heard. I think it is really good song. Pretty impressive really.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Genetic_Junk,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: back in the 60's there was a fair amount of what would be considered very unconventional panning by todays "standards". I'm listening on headphones, so it accentuates the panning. I think it sounds a lot better when you have both vocals on the left and the right (as opposed to only on the left). Audio quality is very good. Yes, the lyrics are pretty silly, haha. I think both kids and adults could appreciate this. Much of it sounds quite professional, if a bit odd. Sounded less bizarre for me on the second listen. I think your Biology teacher would approve. You have my permission to be part of the Worm Squad. ;). Curious what state or country you are from; I'm guessing you're American?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

OOhhps, the voice is coming from the far left. At least at the beginning.
Very creaky gnarled synth bass, great! Overall great song. Unusual
instrumentalization - very beautiful melody! Also a very wacky topic in
terms of content. Someone is very creative here and has also come
up with a great vocal melody! The sound and mix are also convincing.

Really well done, I'm impressed! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

the vocoder is cool! I also like the squelching synths

I wasn't crazy about this the first time I heard it, but it's definitely growing on me after repeated listens. I'm not sure that the verses are missing anything. They currently form a very interesting contrast to the chorus. Although the melodies are quite pleasant (almost child-like in places), they also share an offbeat character with some of the more commercial tunes on Zappa'a early albums.

Good work :)

Music, sound, lyrics, style, all great! Made me smile.

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:00 am Genetic_Junk,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: back in the 60's there was a fair amount of what would be considered very unconventional panning by todays "standards". I'm listening on headphones, so it accentuates the panning. I think it sounds a lot better when you have both vocals on the left and the right (as opposed to only on the left). Audio quality is very good. Yes, the lyrics are pretty silly, haha. I think both kids and adults could appreciate this. Much of it sounds quite professional, if a bit odd. Sounded less bizarre for me on the second listen. I think your Biology teacher would approve. You have my permission to be part of the Worm Squad. ;). Curious what state or country you are from; I'm guessing you're American?
Thanks for the review, Aaron. I mostly mix on headphones, and you are correct it accentuates the panning. I also agree that it sounds better when the vocals are coming from the left and right. But I think it is partly because I doubled the vocals in those sections. So, there is a natual chorusing effect. The non-chorus melodies are kind of weird. That's probably because of my composition process. Thanks for the permission to be part of the Worm Squad. But are you the Worm God? :wink:

enroe wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 am OOhhps, the voice is coming from the far left. At least at the beginning.
Very creaky gnarled synth bass, great! Overall great song. Unusual
instrumentalization - very beautiful melody! Also a very wacky topic in
terms of content. Someone is very creative here and has also come
up with a great vocal melody! The sound and mix are also convincing.

Really well done, I'm impressed! :tu:
Thanks enroe. That's nice praise. Especially after hearing some of your work.

Jesse Gorter wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:27 am the vocoder is cool! I also like the squelching synths
Thanks for the comments. :) I am partial to a vocoder mixed with a raw vocal.

seismic1 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:32 pm I wasn't crazy about this the first time I heard it, but it's definitely growing on me after repeated listens. I'm not sure that the verses are missing anything. They currently form a very interesting contrast to the chorus. Although the melodies are quite pleasant (almost child-like in places), they also share an offbeat character with some of the more commercial tunes on Zappa'a early albums.

Good work :)
Thanks for the comments seismic. I agree the melodies do an offbeat character. Zappa is high praise. I love "The Grand Wazoo."

Return to “Music Cafe”