Who's using software editors for their hardware synths?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Overbridge for my Elektron boxes and eMote for my H9000 but that's about it. I would probably use en editor for my TC Fireworx, if one existed.

i use the editor for my Roland SH-201.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I also use Overbridge for my Elektron boxes.
I use Polybrute Connect... but mostly for organizing presets.

I just started using Ctrlr for my Matrix1000. I downloaded the panel for the TX81Z as well, but it doesn't show up correctly on my monitor.

I use the plugin soundtower editors for my rack Prophet 8 and sequential Pro 3, very handy as they sit in a different bit of my studio with my modular.
https://soundtower.com/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I might have to resort to using my software Hex editor to program 'CASM' settings, in deriving 'styles' on my Yamaha Genos, after reverse-engineering their format spec :(
Can't say I'm very excited about that.

I use John Melas' Waveform Editor with my Montage 7.
If you make use of custom samples, it's a must have.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

I use the monstrum editors for my Microwave I and XT and the Subsequent 37 editor mostly for the easy randomize function rather than to program sounds.

kritikon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:51 pm AND...I'm pretty sure I really would use a 303 editor if there was one for the TD3. 303s were always fkn stupid to program and still are. I mostly use ABL3 instead of the TD3 despite really liking the TD3, purely because I loathe programming sequences on TD3 hw. Mostly I appreciate Behringer but they should have veered away from emulation with the TD3 and made it easier than a stupid idiotic 303. I suspect most will disagree with me though....
I've always refused to learn TD3 internal sequencer: I guess it was invented by some nerdy psycho engineer. My usual method is use Digitakt to play notes via midi on TD3, this way is much simpler and I'm not limited to 16 steps per pattern.

Y'know, that's not a bad idea. I've never really been tempted by sequencers as such but maybe I should reconsider. I now have a Monopoly, Wasp, MS20 and 2600 that could all utilise a decent analogue sequencer, and I never even thought about the TD3. I have an old Kenton 4-channel converter with extra aux outs, but yeah...a proper analogue sequencer actually makes sense. Would be more flexible than the Kenton and make the TD3 usable as a bonus. :idea: cheers for the heads-up.

RobGee wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:38 pm Polybrute Connect offers bidirectional control and allows you to edit pretty much every parameter on the synth minus the sequencer. I find it quicker to edit certain parameters via PBC that require menu diving on the synth, it’s also much easier to manage patches and nice to visualise all parameters on patches instantly. The other great thing about PBC is that it allows you to record, edit and playback automation of parameters via the morphe and ribbon controls in a daw.
Just got a PolyBrute, so I’m diving into Connect. I really love that you can have multiple instances in your DAW and have instant recall for everything with each instance. That was certainly a selling point for me. Nice work, Arturia!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I use Korg's librarian software for my Prologue, but I've learned to be careful with it open because it is completely independent of the hardware controls.

cryophonik wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:20 am Just got a PolyBrute, so I’m diving into Connect. I really love that you can have multiple instances in your DAW and have instant recall for everything with each instance. That was certainly a selling point for me. Nice work, Arturia!
Arturia has done an amazing job with the PolyBrute and Connect.

I just picked up a great deal on a Blofeld and trying to decide on an editor. There’s a nice list of them summarized here:

https://studiocode.dev/resources/blofeld/

Just curious if any Blofeld owners are using any of these, or know of any other ones? I’m not seeing one that ticks my three main boxes, i.e., Mac, standalone, and AU plugin (Monstrum is close but only mentions VST)
chaocrator wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:48 pm using software librarians/editors for:
…Blofeld,…
Which one are you using and how do you like it?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I’m never quite sure when to use some of my synths’ vsts/dedicated software, and when to just use MIDI CC via the DAW. Is there any benefit of one over the other?

I tend to use the MIDI modulation (not automation) envelopes to control my hardware, since otherwise the physical settings and those being transmitted can vary- which can confuse me sometimes for knowing the momentary state of my patch/sound.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”