Anyone tried Drum Computer from Sugarbytes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Erik_Lucas wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:08 pm All the drums used in this track (minus the kick) were synthsized using drum computer. VERY happy with drum computer lately.

https://soundcloud.com/patchmodular/eri ... al_sharing
Sweet indeed!
The average bored guy

Alex Reid has a great little ~7 min video explaining Drumcomputer, and IMHO it'd be really helpful for someone just starting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd3KNwXlYQ

I know he's an affiliate, but it's still packed with some great info, especially on the relationship between the different engines. Everything's in the manual of course, but this hammers home a few notable points (for example, how the Resonator is the source of FM for the Wavetable osc, even if it's sound is turned off).

Microtonic just outshines every drum plug in on the market for me ,it’s that good

Drum computer is a pass for me as it has no umph,only other worthy mention is heartbeat from softube
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:59 am Microtonic just outshines every drum plug in on the market for me ,it’s that good

Drum computer is a pass for me as it has no umph,only other worthy mention is heartbeat from softube
Just curious - does that appraisal include the discontinued FXpansion Tremor?

damoog wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:59 am Microtonic just outshines every drum plug in on the market for me ,it’s that good

I like how the Drumcomputer generates fills. Is there any other sequencer having similar feature?

no one? nobody?

maxym.srpl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:35 pm I like how the Drumcomputer generates fills. Is there any other sequencer having similar feature?
Sample-based Groove Agent (pricey) has a cool set-up for this, but they are all in the form of predetermined patterns you can swap (not sure if it has a randomization feature). EZ Drummer and the like also have something for this--but not as nifty.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

MDrummer by Melda generates lots of cool fills...if you are up for the Melda Way...

Return to “Instruments”