Synthwave Cyberpunk Video Game Soundtrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I've just now released an original soundtrack for a cyberpunk-themed game called "Cartridge Defense". The songs feature predominantly an 80s synthwave-inspired sound (with plenty of sax...), albeit the cyberpunk influence often making it sound a bit darker than usual for this genre and a couple of tracks featuring hard rock influences with heavy guitars. The 5 songs were actually composed more than 2 years ago, but the fact that the game has just now left early access made me listen to them again and consider putting it out publicly. I would really appreciate some feedback on this one, as it's my first public release in this genre. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BCmmPySiUY

Very suspenseful musical scape, and the sax melody is nice.
I like the consistent drive of suspense in the air.
I like this recording.
Rene

Like them. The first too were a little too "busy" for me (I'm more minimalist these days).
The last three I enjoyed more.

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:59 pm Very suspenseful musical scape, and the sax melody is nice.
I like the consistent drive of suspense in the air.
I like this recording.
Rene
Thanks for the comment, happy to know you enjoyed the suspenseful atmosphere of the tracks! :-)

Great tracks, I enjoyed all of them.

This is frickin awesome! Good music, good usage of stereo placement of certain instruments. Sax rocks!
please Like, Comment and Subscribe!

Bansaw wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:30 pm Like them. The first too were a little too "busy" for me (I'm more minimalist these days).
The last three I enjoyed more.
Happy to know you enjoy the tracks! I also often find myself going back to more minimalist ways but I do appreciate both approaches... :wink:

A classic 2010's synthwave vibe with some fresh ideas. The electric guitars and sax sounds really good and fits the overall context (are they live recordings or some plugins?). I also really like catchy melodic lines and spicy modulations. As a fan of TD and Strategy videogames I can say that I would spend hours playing to that tunes.

Great work!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Dogbert wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:26 am Great tracks, I enjoyed all of them.
Thanks for the kind comment, happy to know you enjoyed them! :)

without a doubt some of the best music I have heard in this forum.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Propellerhands wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:02 am This is frickin awesome! Good music, good usage of stereo placement of certain instruments. Sax rocks!
Many thanks for the kind words! :)

Sounds fantastic. Dev lucky to have you composing these for their game. Great mix.

If the game is only half as good as these 5 songs, it must be a great game!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel👇
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

VCA-089 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm A classic 2010's synthwave vibe with some fresh ideas. The electric guitars and sax sounds really good and fits the overall context (are they live recordings or some plugins?). I also really like catchy melodic lines and spicy modulations. As a fan of TD and Strategy videogames I can say that I would spend hours playing to that tunes.

Great work!
Thanks for the kind words! There are not live recordings on these tracks, it's all 100% programmed. :)

ATS wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:32 am without a doubt some of the best music I have heard in this forum.
Many thanks for the kind comments, it means a lot! :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”