From the dusty archives of Folderol Towers :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
folderol
KVRAF
Topic Starter
5188 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - The Mudway Towns

Post Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:29 pm

I sort of found an old track of indeterminate age, and thought I'd like to try a remix, so looked for the project folder. It wasn't there! That was a bit of a shock, as I never delete these, so how it came to be missing is a mystery. It would have been possible to keep listening to the final audio and build up a bit at a time but more tedious than I fancied. At this point I didn't know just how old it was - the audio had a file date in 2010, but I suspected it was older. Eventually I remembered I had a compressed archive of my very early pre-linux work, and there it was. Well, there was a not quite kosher MIDI file. This has the last modified date in 1994! Importing it into Rosegarden produced a lot of strange bits of tracks separated from the actual notes, and no sign of track names, but it was enough to get started.
That was about a month ago. I now have the entire recording, expanded and Yoshimified (the original would have been a mix of Sound Canvas and SY22).

So without further ado:
https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/skipping-rope
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Rene Asologuitar
KVRian
652 posts since 2 Apr, 2022

Post Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:10 pm

Very joyful sounds, and the melody is very nice.
I like this recording.
Well done.
Rene

Jesse Gorter
KVRian
949 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Post Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 am

this is lovely!
such a sweet melody

and funny story how you came about the old tune also. samples are modern?

folderol
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:44 am

Thanks folks. I'm especially pleased with the way this turned out... Took a while, with some hair pulling, but totally worth it :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

seismic1
KVRAF
10915 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:49 pm

I think it worked out very nicely. I love all the little sonic changes throughout, which gives the piece some great sonic variation. Yoshimi sounds great here.

Good work :)

folderol
KVRAF
Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:41 pm

Thanks mate (I'd forgotten how quickly stuff disappears of the front page here)

Return to “Music Cafe”