Which was your first plugin ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Legacy of Cubase started in 1984 with Pro 16, a MIDI sequencer for Commodore 64 and it is probably valid to consider this the first DAW because it predates Protools - even the version that was just an audio editor and not multitrack - and it predates the first trackers because it came out before Amiga was commercially available.

The first software synths were also probably made for C64, but it's not fair comparison because C64 had an analogue synthesizer as it's audo chip (SID).

My first DAW was ProTracker back in early 90s but I also had a chance to use Cubase on ST but that wasn't on my computer.

I was long on trackers and moved to proper DAWs only in early 00s when I acquired first proper MIDI gear.

Waves Abbey Road Reels ADT
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It must have been pre VST Waves Q10, L1, C1 for Sounddesigner II… Certainly before KVR appeared…

First plugins I used were for Cubase in the late '90s.

Don't think I bought any until I bought the PSP stereo and Mixer packs in the early 2000s.

The first synth I remember using a lot was pro 52 and effects were Waves, I remember buying the Native Power Pack for an insane amount of money compared to what it would be now.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

the beast ...from reFX

twenty years ago

Assuming that Rebirth and Reason 1.0 don't count (though they were like self contained plugins), I guess it would be Battery 1 when I moved to Logic 5 from Reason.

Ah, but what was your first "what was your first plugin" thread? :hihi:

I don't know about absolute first but BigTick and the mda Suite were pretty early on. I'm pretty sure the first and second ones I paid for were Zeta and Rhino, but I don't remember in which order. Tera and PlastiCZ were pretty close after that.

my first? her name was susan, and she was beautiful....

fisherKing wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:18 pm my first? her name was susan, and she was beautiful....
congratulation !!!

:)

gearwatcher wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:24 am Legacy of Cubase started in 1984 with Pro 16, a MIDI sequencer for Commodore 64 and it is probably valid to consider this the first DAW because it predates Protools - even the version that was just an audio editor and not multitrack - and it predates the first trackers because it came out before Amiga was commercially available.
The first non-linear hard disk recording audio workstation was according to Wikipedia 1989 Sonic Solutions. Protools 1991 and before there was Deck… And of course the Synclavier.
Cubase at that time was just a Midi sequencer, the term DAW didn’t really exist… No DAWs did not start with a C64, it was extremely expensive in the beginning…
My first DAW was a Digidesign 8-track hardware based beast somewhere in the late 90’s which isn’t even mentioned in most Digidesign history articles…

Kirsten :love:

My first plugin was vengeance.
*~ Trance ~*

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:45 am It must have been pre VST Waves Q10, L1, C1 for Sounddesigner II… Certainly before KVR appeared…
Same there would also have been the Adobe Premiere Cybersound plugins running in Deck II, most likely around 1996. LOL SDII audition a few seconds to setup the plugin then wait a good half hour, while it processed offline. Deck II could do real time but not on my lowly IIci. Had a buddy with a power PC that ran Deck fine. When VST came in the picture it was amazing, even on my old Pentium 90 Win98. Who would have thought back then we would have all the plugins out now.

Return to “Effects”