3am - naixal (more modular nonsense)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/iOxoupL5hj4

Serge modular, Cocoquantus 2, Pulsar-23 and eurorack modulars. Some funky rhythms and regurgitated synths.

Pretty cool stuff. Head-bobbin' bass-kick beats. The lead trill around :55 - :57 is sweet. Wishing for a bit more.

Thanks for listening!
A lot of the weird pitch modulations, glitchy stutters and slurs are a result of the modulation happening on the Cocoquantus (the wood thing). The center section of that device is a system of 5 interelated modulation generators, which can kinda be clocked to a tempo but they do a lot of unpredictable things.

nice work! grindy 8)

bit short though :hihi:

Nice stuff. Loving the phasey, trilling noises.

Thanks! Grindy was definitely the intent. :party: 8)
This was part of a much longer session, mostly recording sampler food for the tracks on my next release. The bits I was working on fit together well enough that I figured I'd record a short video. Trying to get more comfortable recording video on a regular basis.
I'm working on a series of videos about modular techniques that I'm pretty excited about too.

justin3am wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:38 pm Thanks! Grindy was definitely the intent. :party: 8)
This was part of a much longer session, mostly recording sampler food for the tracks on my next release. The bits I was working on fit together well enough that I figured I'd record a short video. Trying to get more comfortable recording video on a regular basis.
I'm working on a series of videos about modular techniques that I'm pretty excited about too.
yeah i saw you mention the technique videos a couple of weeks ago maybe? looking forward to them of course!

i keep thinking about doing short videos patching just a desktop synth, then get distracted by adding all kinds :oops: no restraint whatsoever!

Strange sounds, but catchy somehow. Awesome to see it for real

Thanks for checking it out! Strange but catchy is a great compliment in my book. :tu:

Sounds like a symphony warming up in Elastic Elf Land.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:51 am Sounds like a symphony warming up in Elastic Elf Land.
:lol:
I've always love the rubber-band sound of speeding up samples and modulating delays.

Return to “Music Cafe”