VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

no, changes on the global structure and the way it works is not planned.
xmas 2023? this thing is 15 months away?
no, I didnt say that. I said it could be anything from beginning of 2023, to summer of 23, and in a worst case scenario even xmas 23. We simply can not say ANY release date at the moment.

Solved by Andre in 20 min!!

Very nice and fast... from the creation of the ticket until it was solved: 20 min! :tu:
Last edited by Trancit on Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trancit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:11 am I am sorry for this dumb question:

How do I use universal codes to get new expansions???

I don´t find any informations about it...
Thx for any infos!
if you've registered the code in your account, you should be able to pick the expansion from there: https://register.vps-avenger.com/details

Solved ...see above!

Finally bought Avenger. Super happy and excited to start digging deeper for a current film project I'm working on.

There's a little annoyance that I wish could be added on v2. Unless I'm missing it... there doesn't seem to be a global input transpose parameter that is saved with the preset itself. This is very useful because some people work on smaller controllers with 49 keys and it makes sense for basses to transpose an octave or two lower or higher for other types of sounds. I use this all the time in U-He synths.

There is a transpose setting in the system parameters but AFAIK this is not saved with the preset.

Of course the transpose of the OSCs can be changed but it can be tedious if there are multiple OSCs. Also, the key tracking/cuttoff of the filter would need to be changed because the input MIDI note would not change.

Hey, there is at the SYS page
Its a global octave transpose setting and what you set there is saved permanently for all instances

Thanks Manuel for your answer. What I mean is a transpose setting that is saved in the preset.

For example -1 octave for a bass or maybe +1 octave for a lead.

All presets are designed on a 61keys keyboard (some few like the cinematic piano xp is for 88 keys)
to change tranposing of OSCs, just roll your mouseshweel on an OSCs' transpose button to quickly move in 12/ steps up or down.
A 49 key might not be enough to play SQ presets correctly, which have a split point on "C2". (below is beat/basslines, above is lead). Using at least a 61 keyboard will offer you a higher level or comfort and fun.
However a midi transpose setting is planned for 2.0... when designing presets, I need that sometimes to shift a sound, without affecting keytracking modulations

Awesome thanks for the info Manuel!

Manuel is this current sale the Christmas one also or will there be a bigger one to follow?

the BF sale will go seamlessy into xmas, which is the same

msvs wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:03 pm the BF sale will go seamlessy into xmas, which is the same
Thanks !

I hope avenger 2 will be vst3 compatible in Ableton.
When I use controllers like push2 or apc40 the preset change is very slow. Especially if you use touchable in midi controller menu. Avenger was the only vst3 plugin with this behaviour in Ableton, now rapid vst3 has the same problem. On other daw like Bitwig, vst3 preset change is fast as vst2.
On Ableton I get a lot of parameters displayed on my controller knob1 on push2 controller, by every preset change. Anyone else has the same problem on Ableton 10 / 11 with Win 10 and windows 11 ?
If you deactivate all controllers like apc40 and push2 in the midi controller surface in Ableton and compare the preset change with activated apc40 and push2 or better with touchable, mapped in the midi controll surface.

Good job on the poker faces. :D

Return to “Instruments”