Intel Raptor Lake 13th Generation Core CPUs

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Holy Cow! After last year's quantum leap forward, Intel aren't slowing the pace. Here's what Intel are promising -
  • 13900K is 15 percent faster than its predecessor in single-threaded tasks and 41 percent better for multi-threaded work like video encoding or 3D rendering.

13900K is 27 percent faster than the 12900K when it comes to content creation multitasking, using apps like Adobe Media Encoder and Photoshop. And it's reportedly 34 percent faster for media creation apps like Blender and Unreal Engine.

13900K is 58 percent faster than the Ryzen 9 5950X in Spider-Man: Remastered.

Core i5-13600K adds four cores and an initial 200Mhz of Turbo speed, hitting 14 cores and up to 5.1 GHz, compared to its predecessor.

i7-13700K now offers up to 16 cores and 5.4GHz, whereas last year's equivalent i7 was 12 cores.
This is going to make the 13th Gen more than twice as fast as the 11th Gen, which is massive!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hold your excitement and wait for benchmarks.

These "presentations" are exaggerated to the point where it's a borderline lie.

They just slapped a few stupid e-cores and refined architecture a bit. It's almost guaranteed that these CPUs will be even hotter than previous lineup.

Basically a space heater at this point.

So? It's not like heat is any kind of problem and they sure as hell delivered with the 12th Gen - a humble Core i5 outperforms Apple's M2. My ROG Flow Z13 runs cool as a cucumber. I've only had it a few weeks but I'm not sure I've ever heard the fans kick in. It's a similar story with the 11th Gen in my laptop, which I've had for around 6 months - the only time I hear the fans in that are when I'm rendering and it's maxxing everything out at 2x or 3x realtime.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Well, when the temperature inside your house gets to 33C (91.4F) you sure will notice. Weeks of extreme heat, when walls of your house get hot. I don't want to buy an AC just to operate my PC at full capacity. Anecdotally, every summer gets hotter and hotter, and I live in a region, where right now it's snow outside. Just 1.5 months ago I was dying inside.

My next CPU upgrade should come with AC discount so something, or I am not buying it. By the way, cooling your air consumes power too. Might be problematic for regions with high electricity costs and high indoor temperatures.

And you can't compare laptop chips to desktop ones. They are very different performance and heat wise.

2DaT wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:31 am Well, when the temperature inside your house gets to 33C (91.4F) you sure will notice. Weeks of extreme heat, when walls of your house get hot. I don't want to buy an AC just to operate my PC at full capacity. Anecdotally, every summer gets hotter and hotter, and I live in a region, where right now it's snow outside. Just 1.5 months ago I was dying inside.

My next CPU upgrade should come with AC discount so something, or I am not buying it. By the way, cooling your air consumes power too. Might be problematic for regions with high electricity costs and high indoor temperatures.

And you can't compare laptop chips to desktop ones. They are very different performance and heat wise.
Not full capacity, but if you limit the max wattage they can still be good.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/17585/am ... igh-end/20

2DaT wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:31 am Well, when the temperature inside your house gets to 33C (91.4F) you sure will notice. Weeks of extreme heat, when walls of your house get hot. I don't want to buy an AC just to operate my PC at full capacity.
Way to go, ignoring the parts of my post that don't suit your idiotic agenda. Or did you miss the bits about my laptop fans almost never coming on? And 33 C is not an uncommon occurrence where I live (but it has never snowed here in my lifetime). Oh, and I don't live in a house.
I wasn't. They were separate points.
Last edited by BONES on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

2DaT wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 am Hold your excitement and wait for benchmarks.

These "presentations" are exaggerated to the point where it's a borderline lie.
Probably. I have no doubt though that Intel's new generation will wipe the floor once again with AMD's CPU's in terms of single core performance.

BONES wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:15 am Way to go, ignoring the parts of my post that don't suit your idiotic agenda. Or did you miss the bits about my laptop fans almost never coming on? And 33 C is not an uncommon occurrence where I live (but it has never snowed here in my lifetime). Oh, and I don't live in a house.
What agenda?

It's completely reasonable to distrust tech marketing materials. All these companies (Intel, AMD, Apple, NVIDIA, you name it) use marketing tricks to manipulate you into believing that their product is superior. Even if what they state is not a lie, it's usually cherry-picked.

Look. There are your "marketing" materials.

https://edc.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... s/desktop/

Straight from here.
13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900K processor (RPL-S) PL1 set to 253W
Yep. They unlock TDP to make it look better.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 5950X processor PL1=105W TDP
Yeah 250 Watts vs 105. I wonder who will win. They also set up better RAM on 13th gen compared to other CPUs. That alone could be 10% or so.

i dont think that intel will be that far behind ryzens new monsters so that they weren´t able to catch up with a good pricing policy - and in the end its all about moneymaking - AND their really big argument to be able to use ddr4! thats a really hand they got dealt by their engineers. at least according to the actual "facts"^^. the new ryzen 7k boards etc... it is all effin expensive

Time to upgrade my 12600k to a 13600k

syke, I'll wait for the 14k series 7nm. I stayed on 14nm from 2014 for 7 years waiting for intel to shrink dat shyt, took them long enough, they better not beat around the bush again and get back to shrinkin dat shyt

if they had shrunk dat shyt as planned they'd be ahead of all CPU manufactures right now, Ryzen wouldn't stand a chance

keep in mind that intel processors have "performance" and "efficiency" cores.
which means that with last processor generations you had 8 performance and 4 efficiency cores, now you have 8 performance and 8 efficiency cores. the efficiency cores are there for rendering your browser and checking your email.

check your energy bills, if you buy the new 13th from intel :D
cpu alone that sucks almost 500w plus these new gfx monstercards.a 1000w pc? id rather buy an apple m2

If you render a lot, then maybe...
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:05 pm check your energy bills, if you buy the new 13th from intel :D
cpu alone that sucks almost 500w plus these new gfx monstercards.a 1000w pc? id rather buy an apple m2
13900K has an average of 170W and reaches 283W at full load.
It's terrible, but nowhere near 500W.

SantaClaus wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:22 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:05 pm check your energy bills, if you buy the new 13th from intel :D
13900K has an average of 170W and reaches 283W at full load.
It's terrible, but nowhere near 500W.
Run it through prime95. You would be surprised :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”