reFX Nexus 4:5 - the ROMpler opens up

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Can you import your own samples?

Finally!! Thanks Refx!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

FigBug wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:32 pm
idiotto wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:03 pm Watch out with updating! (im on Win 11)

I lost all my custom Favorites, Arps, Presets, Folders etc etc
Luckely i have backups, and multiple machines and macbooks, but still...

Im not sure how to backup the Favorites etc in Nexus 4 before updating, but i suggest you find out or wait for a fix.
Windows:

In N4 they were stored in: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reFX\nexus
In N4.5 they moved to: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reFX\User Content\nexus

Mac:

In N4 they were stored in: /Users/Shared/reFX/nexus
In N4.5 they moved to: /Users/Shared/reFX/User Content/nexus

Installing N4.5 via the cloud should move them to the new location and set the path so Nexus knows where to look. The idea is you can move them to Dropbox, Google Drive to get them to sync between computers instead of using the reFX sync.

A few users are reporting they didn't move. Did you uninstall 4 before installing 4.5? Can you let me know if the new content folder exists and if there is anything in it?
Thanks for this discussion. Only after seeing this I realized my favourites, etc. also disappeared after the update.

I followed the normal update process through reFX Cloud to update 4.0.9 to 4.5, but the previous folder content was not moved to the new folder. So, it looks like an installation/update bug to me.

Now, I have replaced the folder in the new location with the previous folder, which restored my favourites. Is this OK to do or are there any implications of doing this?

simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm Can you import your own samples?
Oh good heavens no. Let's not get carried away...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:35 pm
simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm Can you import your own samples?
Oh good heavens no. Let's not get carried away...
Haha :D

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:33 pm Now, I have replaced the folder in the new location with the previous folder, which restored my favourites. Is this OK to do or are there any implications of doing this?
:tu: That's correct thing to do. I'll get cloud app updated to do that asap.

FigBug wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:50 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:33 pm Now, I have replaced the folder in the new location with the previous folder, which restored my favourites. Is this OK to do or are there any implications of doing this?
:tu: That's correct thing to do. I'll get cloud app updated to do that asap.
Many thanks. Okay. Glad it was a simple thing, so no worries. :tu:

First time I have ever been interest in this synth so they are doing something right if they are trying to attract a new user base.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Great update!

Ok. maybe it's like a synth. though still limited. i think its a bit late move from ReFX , but better late than never!

The new wavetables sound great, I hope Refx continues to open Nexus up, more control,means more customers. Great Job Refx

especially love the fx section now :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

FigBug wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:50 pm
A few suggestions:

1. IMO, the font size could be made a bit bigger for all the main tabs (librarian, routing, modulation, arpeggiator).

2. Regarding undo/redo, when changing presets, the preset name in the top bar changes, but the change is not reflected in the "Presets" column of librarian. A minor thing really, but just thought to point out.

3. This thing has been bugging me a bit ever since I got Nexus4. Can the search bar be made a little taller and wider (essentially bigger) and also positioned a bit better? I think the search bar, the search history arrows and reset button (optionally audio preview on/off button and volume knob as well) could be placed above the tag area above the presets column. Please see the screenshot below.

nexus4suggestion.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCd98vOsNI

I found this video showing a bit how to work with Nexus 4.5.

m-ac wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:51 am Just when I think 'ok, refx are trying to make up for their past questionable actions', they go and hike yet another 10% onto their prices to coincide with the update. I'll not be updating from V3 unless theres a sale.
I don't know if you noticed yet but fiat money lost a ton of it's value and many people have raised prices for all sorts of things. It simply doesn't buy as much as it used to. Besides that, a lot of work and time goes into these things and not many can afford to work for free.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

dune_rave wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:03 pm Ok. maybe it's like a synth. though still limited. i think its a bit late move from ReFX , but better late than never!
not AT ALL late for me, I still use this thing on every single project.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”