Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Trancit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:13 pm ...
In terms of professionality, fader flips is a big improvement.
If one uses sends at all... I absolutely don´t find any use of sends in most electronic genres... far too unflexible and at the very end... what for???
Saving CPU??
Shouldn´t be an issue for most modern machines anymore... the real CPU killers are instruments and not any fx plugins anymore...
Putting sounds into the same space??
What was used as classical send effects are in electronic genres now often part of the sound design and mostly set to work just for this certain sound... therefore to unflexible...

Conclusion... what a waste of time (for me) to implement something like this ... :hyper:
While I won´t deny there are for sure many conventional producer using Studio One, for whom this might be a biggie... 8)
HPF for reverbs, sidechain with a compressor, pre-fader effect, listen bus when using an effect or instrument that adds randomness, and so on.

Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 am Thta's too much. This is less than a Cubase 0.5 Update, and Steinberg sells those for $60. Even the Cubase "Upgrades" have more than this, easily, and they're only $100.

This for $115 is laughable. For $150 it's kind of an insult.

If people want Fender to develop a good development plan moving forwards, paying Upgrade prices for Updates is absolutely not the way to set the precedent you want to guide them.
Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 am Not only smug and rude, but cultish AF.

"That's not a 'smug' attitude, it's a Studio One attitude."

LMAO. I can't even...
Why don't you just move on dude?, it's not for you, then why be here?
Do you just like stirring shit?
You're just making yourself look stupid, been there done that, brought a T-Shirt and grew up.
Give it a try :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

My main gripe with S1 is its audio engine, and apparently that hasn't been reworked for V6. I am a guitar player and want to use my guitar amp sim plugins with low latency. In S1 I have to enable low latency monitoring to get that, but then my plugins aren't working as they should (for example they don't react to EQ or Gain changes). This results in constantly switching LLM on and off for playing guitar and tweaking settings, which is really annoying. Also Cubase 12 and Logic Pro are able to playback much more channels simultaneously on my M1 iMac - and that with half the buffer size I have to choose in S1. Meh.

Obviously some people need to learn to read. I don't think anyone saying the update is not for them or at best only in a limited way (and not at that price) are saying Studio One is 'not for them'. No one. The last couple of updates had some great features including massive improvements in the audio engine that reduced glitchiness enormously and MPE support. People complain a) because they care about Studio One's development and don't like to feel it's being neglected in relation to what they see as key areas for development (such as automation) and b) because they would really like to be in on the update but it's too expensive for them. That's the sort of thing that would get my money, but even then when the upgrade is on sale.

Be aware that Best Service don't actually have any serial numbers yet. They told me they are onto it but I have paid my money and received nothing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 am
Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 am Thta's too much. This is less than a Cubase 0.5 Update, and Steinberg sells those for $60. Even the Cubase "Upgrades" have more than this, easily, and they're only $100.

If people want Fender to develop a good development plan moving forwards, paying Upgrade prices for Updates is absolutely not the way to set the precedent you want to guide them.
Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 am Not only smug and rude, but cultish AF.

LMAO. I can't even...
You're just making yourself look stupid, been there done that, brought a T-Shirt and grew up.
Admins, please.

SantaClaus wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:08 am
Trancit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:13 pm ...
In terms of professionality, fader flips is a big improvement.
If one uses sends at all... I absolutely don´t find any use of sends in most electronic genres... far too unflexible and at the very end... what for???
Saving CPU??
Shouldn´t be an issue for most modern machines anymore... the real CPU killers are instruments and not any fx plugins anymore...
Putting sounds into the same space??
What was used as classical send effects are in electronic genres now often part of the sound design and mostly set to work just for this certain sound... therefore to unflexible...

Conclusion... what a waste of time (for me) to implement something like this ... :hyper:
While I won´t deny there are for sure many conventional producer using Studio One, for whom this might be a biggie... 8)
HPF for reverbs,...
I don´t need a send for doing this...
sidechain with a compressor,...
I don´t consider this as a send where you can make much use out of the flip fader thing as you most of the time leave the fader at 100% anyway...
pre-fader effect,listen bus when using an effect or instrument that adds randomness, and so on.
Has no use here at all and most can be done differently as well...

For me sends are mostly an old relict from hardware times where people didn´t had 50 reverb devices to throw on every channel so there had to be a way to share they few they got...
On earlier computers it was necessary to save CPU... gone now too...

I stand with what I said... I have 99% of the times absolutely no use for sends and to be honest for these few times I would go with a send I wouldn´t give a sh*t for this flipping fader thingie... it isn´t so hard to adjust the sends with the sliders...worked well for a decade...still will work well for decades in other DAWs = gimmick... for people doing everything with sends perhaps a "nice to have" but that´s it...
Studio One has far more important problems than something like this imho...

OK. But professionals do use sends, and fader flip is something professionals like.

PreSonus has a vision for where they want to take Studio One. Anyone can hop off the bus any time they want if they don't like where it's going. Just don't try to turn it into a clown car instead.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:44 am For me sends are mostly an old relict from hardware times where people didn´t had 50 reverb devices to throw on every channel so there had to be a way to share they few they got...
Economics isnt the only reason for sends to reverb, its used to achieve some cohesion or 'glue' between different instruments. You wont get that using a separate reverb on each track.

Choosing not to upgrade as you don't need the new features isn't changing anything other than making me have more money. S1 5.5 is excellent, happy with it is it is, don't need anything in V5 at all, job done. I don't care what 'professions' need, only what I need :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BONES wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:09 am Be aware that Best Service don't actually have any serial numbers yet. They told me they are onto it but I have paid my money and received nothing.
Same, wrote them a letter. Response:
Hello Serhii kot,

Thank you for the order and please excuse the delay.
Currently everyone is rushing to get an update and we are working on a quick
delivery.

Please allow us a little extra time. You will be notified automatically as
soon as the license is in your account.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:13 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 am

LMAO. I can't even...
Admins, please.
Say NO to CLAP!

Trensharo wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:40 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:05 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:06 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 pm

PreSonus has continued their tradition on focusing on real music production and have once again left the toys at the kiddie table. That's bound to upset some people, but there are already plenty of toy DAWs for them to play with.
You should have chosen a fancy font for your elitist smug post
I looked for that, but you can only change font size, style, and colour. :shrug:

But I wonder, how is it 'elitsit' that I like Studio One for what it is?
I'm using the right software for what I want to do.

I would suggest the people who aren't happy with what Studio One offers are using the wrong DAW. That's not a 'smug' attitude, it's a Studio One attitude. There's lots of DAWs out there for people who don't share it.
I really don't understand why you always have to be so aggressive and rude with people around here.
Not only smug and rude, but cultish AF.

LMAO. I can't even...
I'm not aggressive or rude with anyone. I attack issues, not individuals. Contrast that to the 3 of you in this quote who attacked me personally, because you don't like the ideas that I'm expressing. It's not my fault that you choose to take it personally when it wasn't about you at all.

Psyclapse wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:03 am
Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:44 am For me sends are mostly an old relict from hardware times where people didn´t had 50 reverb devices to throw on every channel so there had to be a way to share they few they got...
Economics isnt the only reason for sends to reverb, its used to achieve some cohesion or 'glue' between different instruments. You wont get that using a separate reverb on each track.
That's right. What I'd actually like to see is a time delay added to the inserts so you can dial in varying predelays on tracks that you send to a common reverb. This creates distance and position within a common space. The more delay you dial in, the further away the source sounds. Increase the wet mix as you increase the predelay.

*white noise*
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”