switch from bitwig to another daw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Logic, it is hidden by default. I actually didn't use it that much in Logic because traditionally it is a linear DAW, but it is good it is there just in case I need it ;)

There is always the free Cakewalk by Bandlab.

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk?lang=en
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just use Bitwig. It's very nice to use.

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 pm In Logic, it is hidden by default. I actually didn't use it that much in Logic because traditionally it is a linear DAW, but it is good it is there just in case I need it ;)
I've used the clip launcher in Logic a handful of times mostly to test it out when it first came out. Other than that I don't use it all. The hardware integration is just not as good as Live or Bitwig and I personally hate using an iPad to tap at clips. Logic needs better hardware support with scripting. I think they have some sort of scripting engine but not many manufacturers are using it and its not that well documented.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:00 am
EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 pm In Logic, it is hidden by default. I actually didn't use it that much in Logic because traditionally it is a linear DAW, but it is good it is there just in case I need it ;)
I've used the clip launcher in Logic a handful of times mostly to test it out when it first came out. Other than that I don't use it all. The hardware integration is just not as good as Live or Bitwig and I personally hate using an iPad to tap at clips. Logic needs better hardware support with scripting. I think they have some sort of scripting engine but not many manufacturers are using it and its not that well documented.
I've never used the Clip Launcher (or session view) as playing or performing. I just use it for organizing my ideas and testing (like a scratch pad). So, I only use the mouse in triggering not even the pads on my controller.

I use Mackie template in Logic, S1 and Cubase for my Arturia keylab mk ii. In Live and Bitwig they recognize the keylab and it has great support.

But yes, I agree, in Live and Bitwig the hardware recognition is the best.

_leras wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:01 am Just use Bitwig. It's very nice to use.
For me, and what I do, there is nothing else like Bitwig

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:04 pm Do not switch to Studio One.
Actually S1 v6 Artist is a bargain 👌 Great DAW and updating it can't be cheaper!
Maybe so, but he won't like Studio One for what it is, and will start demanding PreSonus make it more like Bitwig.
Do you mean the clip launcher?! :hihi: Well, Logic has it, so why not S1? :lol:

Seriously, you'll never know! Some have changed from FL Studio to Cubase and others from Reaper to S1 ...etc, and they were glad for the change. There is a demo I guess anyway, so people can try before they buy ;)
I'm perfectly happy with the splice
it was a fair trade IMO, this is why I've mentioned (I also can't trust Bitwig as a company anymore :( this addon thing was a stab in the back )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:09 am
EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:04 pm Do not switch to Studio One.
Actually S1 v6 Artist is a bargain 👌 Great DAW and updating it can't be cheaper!
Maybe so, but he won't like Studio One for what it is, and will start demanding PreSonus make it more like Bitwig.
Do you mean the clip launcher?! :hihi: Well, Logic has it, so why not S1? :lol:

Seriously, you'll never know! Some have changed from FL Studio to Cubase and others from Reaper to S1 ...etc, and they were glad for the change. There is a demo I guess anyway, so people can try before they buy ;)
I'm perfectly happy with the splice
it was a fair trade IMO, this is why I've mentioned (I also can't trust Bitwig as a company anymore :( this addon thing was a stab in the back )
I agree.
I could live with not having the latest extended addon but being reminded that there is a update for a product i can't update unless i pay $79 every time i open the latest Bitwig is annoying.

So i uninstalled it and Re-Installed Cubase 12 instead.

Even before this announcement I was debating going back to Live. In some ways it's just the draw of the new that had me using Bitwig anyway. I don't use modulation so much that a few clips pulled out to modify parts of a synth were not enough, Live since I bought Bitwig got MPE support, arguably better comping with MIDI added, a full screen MIDI editor finally and then there's Max4Live.
It's funny how this stuff goes, I really do not get the people that used Bitwig who never used Live because they found it difficult etc.? Neither DAW is that hard to learn but personally I didn't find Bitwig miles easier to learn. Max4Live VS the Grid, yeah I get that, but in the end Max4Live is super powerful, if you do learn it, it's as deep as it gets.

Anyway Live is by far the obvious choice. If you're not sold on Clips then Reaper and if you are at least DP11 has Clips. Both of those DAWs are more traditional musician oriented though, with features for pitch correction, score tabs, articulation management, SysEx support, movie scoring support etc.

^^^ nothing wrong with ImageLine/FL Studio too, they ask the user base "Poll: What is your most desired feature for FL 21/21.next" https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=233669 or https://strawpoll.com/2jhzdb6gx/results
and they set the priors based on the poll results, the communication between the devs and users is also very nice, they can be reached both on the forum/ discord channel https://discord.gg/CJfyrAs

this should be the normal

ps. in the latest beta they added a reskinned BlueArp to the upcoming FL21
nobody asked no one needs it (or who knows), but it's free and hopefully only needed minimal development time (last line on the picture) so nobody gonna start to blame them ... rather the reverse

Regarding Bitwig, what announcement? And what stab in the back? I really don't know what are you guys talking about!

I will go to their forums and search. I'm curious to read about it!

EnGee wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:20 am Regarding Bitwig, what announcement? And what stab in the back? I really don't know what are you guys talking about!

https://www.bitwig.com/support/shop_lic ... e-plan-54/

It appears that "addons" are integrated into the DAW ( not a VST??? ) and require the latest version of Bitwig to work......................

https://www.bitwig.com/support/shop_lic ... add-on-53/

"What is an add-on?

Add-ons are optional products that are perfectly integrated in Bitwig Studio. They can be acquired on top of Bitwig Studio to enhance or expand your setup. Pick and choose the special tools that make your music tick.

Add-ons require a Bitwig Studio license. All add-on licenses are perpetual, without future upgrade costs. If you buy it, you own it forever, like Bitwig Studio.

Add-ons usually require the latest version of Bitwig Studio. So if you are still on an older version of Bitwig Studio, you'll need to renew your upgrade plan too. Log in to your user account to claim your special offer. "
Last edited by dellboy on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

it was the original statement
https://www.bitwig.com/buy/#Renew%20/%20Upgrade

now they started to sell add-ons that have minimal Bitwig version
Spectral Suite
Requires a Bitwig Studio 4.3 license or above.
https://www.bitwig.com/buy/

so they have started to separate the so-called future-proof product line into two segments (to a paid one and a pain one but the second depends on the first) without any warning or previous communication, basically they have walked out of their own contract

dellboy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:30 am
EnGee wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:20 am Regarding Bitwig, what announcement? And what stab in the back? I really don't know what are you guys talking about!

https://www.bitwig.com/support/shop_lic ... e-plan-54/
Thanks! I'm reading the long thread in their forum here in KVR. I must say it is not a good move although I just have the 16 track edition, but for the full version owners, it is already expensive yearly update!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”