Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5 UPDATE | Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:54 pm
emef wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:04 pm bought the upgrade, can't see my version 2 user presets in version 3, how can i get my old presets in shaperbox 3 ?
Doesn’t look like you can. Found this in their YouTube comments.

Cableguys
No, ShaperBox 3 is a completely separate plugin to ShaperBox 2, so it won't automatically 'upgrade' your existing projects.
ahh right, cheers for the info

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:21 pm In Freestyle (VST3) clicking on a node doesn't do anything so I can't edit curves
OK it's working now after a reboot - odd

Has it got mseg? And can it do trance gates 16 notes long?

Update to V3 is a no-brainer and thank you guys very much that you implemented every single feature wish!

I always said it and you never disappointed ... Cableguys products are always one of the best investments (if not the best) one can do in Audioland...

Thx very much for your efforts making your products incredible good!
I am rarely proud to be a customer of something but in your case I got this feeling immediately :tu:

Good stuff, tho i hadn't intended to spend another $30 on plugins today. :tu:

Hey all, pardon if I'm being a dolt. Loved waking up to new Shaperbox this morning. However, I'm struggling to find how to narrow presets down to only using one specific shaper. Often, I only want timeshaper presets, or volume shaper presets. In Shaperbox 2, this was very easy to figure out, you could click a shaper to only see presets for that specific shaper. This is incredibly useful because not every preset needs a noise added to it, for whatever reason. This has to still be an option, right? I'm aware of the color selector to the right of the search that includes presets that use the specific shaper you're looking for. But i want presets that use that shaper, and that shaper only. Sorry again if I'm just being dumb, either way I have high hopes for Shaperbox 3!

Artie5000 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 pm Hey all, pardon if I'm being a dolt. Loved waking up to new Shaperbox this morning. However, I'm struggling to find how to narrow presets down to only using one specific shaper. Often, I only want timeshaper presets, or volume shaper presets. In Shaperbox 2, this was very easy to figure out, you could click a shaper to only see presets for that specific shaper. This is incredibly useful because not every preset needs a noise added to it, for whatever reason. This has to still be an option, right? I'm aware of the color selector to the right of the search that includes presets that use the specific shaper you're looking for. But i want presets that use that shaper, and that shaper only. Sorry again if I'm just being dumb, either way I have high hopes for Shaperbox 3!
Yeah... it just seems like the colors on the right is the only way.

JiggSaw wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:20 am
Artie5000 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:10 pm Hey all, pardon if I'm being a dolt. Loved waking up to new Shaperbox this morning. However, I'm struggling to find how to narrow presets down to only using one specific shaper. Often, I only want timeshaper presets, or volume shaper presets. In Shaperbox 2, this was very easy to figure out, you could click a shaper to only see presets for that specific shaper. This is incredibly useful because not every preset needs a noise added to it, for whatever reason. This has to still be an option, right? I'm aware of the color selector to the right of the search that includes presets that use the specific shaper you're looking for. But i want presets that use that shaper, and that shaper only. Sorry again if I'm just being dumb, either way I have high hopes for Shaperbox 3!
I also experienced this. The coloured buttons are a radio button set (you can only select one). i think they should each toggle on and off with a reset button to clear. As-is it is very limited.

plexuss wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:30 am
JiggSaw wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:20 am
I also experienced this. The coloured buttons are a radio button set (you can only select one). i think they should each toggle on and off with a reset button to clear. As-is it is very limited.

Glad I’m not blind then. For me this seems like an absolute must. Crazy presets are cool, but are almost never suitable for a practical use. The addition of noise to what seemed like every preset in shaper box 2 when it came out was fairly annoying but I could easily get over it. The way it’s set up now, Shaperbox 3 has taken away a feature of Shaperbox 2, and that feature to me is essential! It feels like a dumb down for people who just want to flip through and say “woah cool sound,” which is fun and I do it myself but I definitely need this to be part of browsing, otherwise I’ll be taking a lot of time to save more user presets than I normally would. Hopefully they can add this.

First of all, congrats on the release. I've always been very impressed with Cableguys' commitment to making useful and fun tools. I'll be upgrading to this most likely.

My only complaint...I wish they would stop selling the updates to the individual shapers piecemeal because every time I "upgrade" to the latest version of ShaperBox, it's out of date within a couple months because of the staggered releases of the shapers. I'd rather you just have the Shaperbox bundle/tool and then do major updates where everything is synchronized version-wise every couple of years or year. Either that or charge more for paid updates and just do them less often. Or give us a grace period if we upgrade the bundle now and then you release a paid update for one of the shapers in that bundle within a few months or so.

Where are the main page presets as well? We only have Halftime, Sidechain & Trim. Where are the 3 for each module that used to be there?

Also, +1 for filtering JUST certain modules in the preset browser. Maybe another button to toggle ONLY/Including...

Updated because it looks very interesting. But hard awake. Only 1 preset is available in the preset cloud, and I can't find any advice in the documentation. So, I think some modules are not compatible and therefore they do not pop up.

museelectro wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:31 am Updated because it looks very interesting. But hard awake. Only 1 preset is available in the preset cloud, and I can't find any advice in the documentation. So, I think some modules are not compatible and therefore they do not pop up.
Indeed, libraries of SB2 and SB3 are separate (it simplified the code for us a lot, and we thought not too many users saved their own presets in SB2..) But now we're getting this request quite a lot, which was unexpected for me!

So yes, an "Import SB2 presets" option in the Main menu or such should be rather straightforward actually.. we will discuss this in the team this week!

Digivolt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:44 pm
Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:38 pm
• Upgrades available at www.cableguys.com/login.html.
Will the upgrade prices rise when the sale finishes (when does it finish?) or are they fixed ?
good question! after moving to a new apartment money is spent on some other things right now :ud:

First there were various Shapers, those became Shaperbox. And now yet another version that's not backwards compatible. Just for a few little improvements that could have easily been Shaperbox 2.1 or something. While all complaints about previous versions have been ignored but yet another weird preset system is added. Weird.

So now i have projects and chain presets which contain various Shapers, Shaperboxes, SB2 vst2 and vst3 (which are not interchangeable), and now another one, Shaperbox3, is added to that uncompatible collection. What a mess.

Sorry Cableguys. You've lost me here. I'm not going to keep 5 or more versions of the same plugin around. I won't be updating.
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”