Acoustica crashes on playback

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I use Acoustica 7.4.7 on macOS 12.6.1 with RME UFX+.
Recently I have noticed that Acoustica has problems initialising audio playback.
It will give me a beach ball and can only be closed via cmd+alt+esc.
Since all other audio apps work fine on the same machine (incl. ProTools, Soundminer, Wavelab, RX Advanced) I feel that the problem must be in Acoustica.
Am I missing something or is there something I can do (like a preferences folder?)
SOUND!

Hi Oliver,
Oliver.Lucas wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:50 pm I use Acoustica 7.4.7 on macOS 12.6.1 with RME UFX+.
Recently I have noticed that Acoustica has problems initialising audio playback.
It will give me a beach ball and can only be closed via cmd+alt+esc.
Since all other audio apps work fine on the same machine (incl. ProTools, Soundminer, Wavelab, RX Advanced) I feel that the problem must be in Acoustica.
Am I missing something or is there something I can do (like a preferences folder?)
I'm sorry to hear that. Does this happen every time you try to start playback in Acoustica? Did you check the audio device settings in the preferences (Edit > Preferences... > Audio device settings)?

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

thanks for the reply.
I cannot tell when this will happen, but when it happens it happens all the time (otherwise it will not happen at all). The same applies to the preferences window. Either Acoustica is in it's crashing state and will always chash (even after restart) or it will work as normal.
It's totally weird.
SOUND!

Oliver.Lucas wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:39 pm I cannot tell when this will happen, but when it happens it happens all the time (otherwise it will not happen at all). The same applies to the preferences window. Either Acoustica is in it's crashing state and will always chash (even after restart) or it will work as normal.
It's totally weird.
It's indeed very weird. Acoustica tries to connect to the audio interface when you open the preferences (or at least when you switch to the audio device settings tab), so at least it's all related to the audio I/O. Is there anything special with the setup, like drivers to route audio etc.?

Best,
Stian

There's really not anything too unusual.
I have everything routed to the RME. There are a lot of devices connected and many bring their own audio i/o (monitors, thunderbolt hub, blackmagic card). There is also a virtual driver installed (Source Nexus by Source-elements), but none of that is routed to Acoustica.
SOUND!

Thanks for elaborating. It sounds as if the audio engine deadlocks somehow, but I'm not sure why. I would recommend to increase the buffer size in the audio device settings in Acoustica and set the sample rate to "Adapt sample rate to source audio" to avoid sample rate conversion on the fly.

I have set the buffer to 1024 samples and also set the 'adapt sr to source audio' setting at no avail. Acoustica still fails to start playback.
SOUND!

I apologize for not getting back to you with further suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't really have much clue why this happens. The only thing I could think of, would be the virtual drivers.

Best,
Stian

Solved
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Still have the same issue, when disconnect an interface to use the build in core audio it´s looking for the interface last used and i got a spinning wheel, so i cant really use it so i´m using Amadeus until Acon have solved this issue

Voiceover wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:39 pm Still have the same issue, when disconnect an interface to use the build in core audio it´s looking for the interface last used and i got a spinning wheel, so i cant really use it so i´m using Amadeus until Acon have solved this issue
I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. We will build a beta version of a new service build and post the links for testing. There are several fixes, and it is built with the latest version of JUCE library we use. Hopefully, that solves the issue for you. I'll post the links here as soon as the build is available.

Best,
Stian

Thanks

Here are links to the beta version (v7.4.12) built with the latest JUCE version and some fixes in the audio I/O as promised: Please let us know if this solves the issue with the crashes.

Thanks,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”