[wild rock] "wild man" 🔥

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Genetic_Junk wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:22 pm Great composition. Listened multiple times. Love the guitar solo. The bass sound is also really nice.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with pitch correction. I use it quite a bit on vocals. But unless the intent is the "pitch-corrected" sound, it can be useful to explore techniques that make mask it. One technique you might experiment with is mixing the pitch-corrected vocal with the raw vocal to reduce the synthetic sound a bit.

The accompanying video is very entertaining, especially the wild man animation.
Aaah yeah, thank you very much, "Genetic_Junk"! :)

Yes, some vocals were deliberately pitched a little lower. You,
Aaron and many others were a little bothered by that. Well,
the current version has changed in this regard.

On the one hand we want a deep, wicked, raw and wild vocal
sound. On the other hand, it should still sound pleasant. I think
the current version (as of 9th of December) is quite good at
that. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Allomerus wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:38 am Cool track with a great raw feel. Yes it sounds wild! The guitar tone especially suits the theme. Nice solo too.
Well done!
:)
Thank you, Allomerus! :D

In the current version - from December 13th, 2022 - there are some
small changes in the piano play. The somewhat extremely pitched
vocals have already been corrected.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:14 pm I like the different FX on the vocals. Liked also the dropout with just the vocals and piano, and sliding bass guitar. Its good you have the confidence to have mimimalist moments in the song.
Overall - great job.
Yes, we try to make the contrast between chorus and verse
(dropout for you?) as striking as possible. Thank you, Bansaw! :D

wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:58 pm I really loved this. What more is there to say. Wow

:tu: :tu:
Thank you, wagtunes!

Wow, that was really great! I particularly like the bass tone and the organ. The piano sounded good too in the mix, but I did find at the couple places where it was playing solo, the sound was a little thin.

Really outstanding work.
jeff

I meant to add that the video and animations were really good too and complemented the music well.

Another great enroe song. It started in "You Really Got Me" territory and then moved into a more thoughtful mood in the piano section creating a nice balance between aggressive energy and wisfulness. Tanja was given a chance to stretch out in the guitar solo. The percussive noise in the final verse worked perfectly. Not a dull moment in this well arranged song.

With so many elements upfront and compressed in the mix, it is perhaps a little fatiguing? Dropping the mp3 in https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/ shows both Spotify and YouTube would turn down your mix by 3.7dBs.

Great job overall! :tu:

Like this :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:38 am The very apparent autotune detracted from the verses. Once the wildman was loose during the chorus it all sounded really good. Keep the riffs coming.
Hmm, is it so apparent? We've to look at it again I think.
Yeah, thank you for your comment! It is very appreciated! :wink:

markkuja wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:31 am Damn great rock song. Good arrangement and strong mood.
Dynamic and distinctive mixing and mastering sounds great.
Oh, thank you for your feedback and your overwhelming praise! It's
important for all of us and shows a little that we're on the right track.

Thanks!

We have shared interests but different definitions of "wild".

https://youtu.be/2FEN5nSUsvQ

https://youtu.be/4yYijbsnH64

https://youtu.be/W8I9c9zmAeA

Rock on!

seismic1 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:34 pm Great song, with a very good riff, and I enjoyed the bass playing. The organ was a good fit within the arrangement, and I didn't mind the autotune, as it wasn't the usual clichéd sound heard on hundreds (thousands?) of songs on the radio during the last 20 years.

Good work :)
Thank you for your feedback on the song itself. :)

The so-called "Autotune" effect is a slight stereo broadening.
We have removed these in the current version.

Superb production, with this one! Great stereo imaging...
Awesome vocals and nice variation of hot and quiet passages.
Great work! Cheers.

jwnicholson wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:54 pm Wow, that was really great! I particularly like the bass tone and the organ. The piano sounded good too in the mix, but I did find at the couple places where it was playing solo, the sound was a little thin.

Really outstanding work.
jeff
Thank you jeff. w. nicholson for your feedback and your kind words!

Sorry I’m late to the original post, but this is a really great track! Lots of energy and feeling which I think is the goal with music and can easily be taken away with too much production, but this sounds very free. I’m not a fan of the vocal style because it sounds synthetic to me, but artistic choice matters more than my opinion. It’s also created a conversation which is very good too.

Seriously nice work!

Return to “Music Cafe”