spinning harmonies [dancish, electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tomtom1
KVRian
Topic Starter
838 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:41 am

hi all, in the last time i don't have so much time to make music or to listen to music of others.
following you find a little track, around some simple harmonies - let me know if something is bothering you in the mix. it is not perfect (which mix is perfect :P) ...

like always: everything done with and in Reason.

have a nice day!

p.s.: and if someone can tell me, why soundcloud cuts always the first xy milliseconds of my tracks - let me know... the issue is not in the wav-file...

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... -harmonies
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Rene Asologuitar
KVRian
735 posts since 2 Apr, 2022

Post Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:05 pm

Hi tomtom1,
Very nice beat, very invigorating and fun!!!
The melodies are playful and happy.
This music is an uplifter!!!
Thanks for this beauty, Tom!!!
Rene

margaret0547
KVRist
434 posts since 20 Nov, 2021

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:51 am

The track definitely evokes the title. I enjoyed it.

phoenstorm
KVRist
203 posts since 16 May, 2010

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:53 am

Hey tomtom1,

great track! Very enjoyable! Love the drums - nicely programmed. That track is brimfull with ideas...very charming & fitting title! The first sound you start out with is feels a bit distorted and 'overblown' probably hard to fit other tracks around it. There's so much going on, I wouldn't know how to mix...I think it works really well in most places. It reminds me of some tracks that Plaid did on the Scintilli album - check out unbank, tender hooks and founded to start with. They seem to share your love of intricate drum programming & whimsical harmonies.

aaron aardvark
KVRAF
2377 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:41 pm

tomtom1,
Thank you for the reviews; now your song: the beginning, and the rest of the song, reminds me more of Depeche Mode than anything else (a compliment). Some good vocals wouldn't hurt, though per usual, I forget if you sing. It all sounds quite good as is. Nice synth sounds and melodies! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Allomerus
KVRAF
2786 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:56 pm

Lovely happy sounding and bubbly track. I like the beat.
What I do with tracks is have a few seconds of silence at the start and end just in case of what you mention about Sound Cloud etc.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Genetic_Junk
KVRAF
2725 posts since 22 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Really nice track. Love the confluence of sounds at 2:15.

Some suggestions: When the arp comes in at :57 maybe add some 32nd ghost notes on the snare or closed hats. About a minute before the end of the track, bring back the pad from the first half and modulate its amplitude (aka duck) with the kick.

eassae
KVRian
848 posts since 18 May, 2021

Post Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:02 am

Really nice forward movement in this track, beautiful arps and I like that vocally sound. The change to the brighter sound in the end is surprise…a welcome one.
eassae.com
Audius | SoundCloud | NAUGHT
"Arts and crafts have been canceled due to poor taste"—Bill Murray, Meatballs

Bansaw
KVRAF
1858 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:18 am

Liked it! The distorted bass sound is good.
Interesting switch to a more major feel at the end.
I can't comment on the mix as I'm on headphones.
Before I upload to Soundcloud I always put a 1 or 2 secs of silence at the start of the song. I don't know if they put an auto-fade in at the start or not.

Mike777
KVRist
458 posts since 8 Oct, 2005

Post Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:22 am

I like it! Has a happy vibe in minor mode. I like the change to major mode. Perfect song length and title. I found I have to add .5 seconds of silence at beginning and the issue goes away.

tomtom1
KVRian
Topic Starter
838 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:20 am

Thanks all for listening! :hug:

And thanks for the information about soundcloud. Next time i will just add an additional half bar.
Glad that i am not alone with that "issue" :hihi:

:tu: :phones:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Samiver
KVRist
97 posts since 11 May, 2020

Post Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:17 am

Nice track and always good to hear another reason song. Really enjoyable fun sounds in this, almost bouncy at times. Thanks for sharing

Return to “Music Cafe”