Ready to Jump from Apple to windows after 16 years!!!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I'm on the latest version of Windows 11, fully patched, and I can still run every software application I have ever bought. 32 bit, 64 bit, it all keeps working so I can take a song file from 2002 and load it up in a 15 year old version of Orion and it will play just like it did when we first started working on it. You can't put a price on that level of backwards-compatibility and the convenience it offers.
Michael L wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:20 amWhile the purchase price is high, consider how long you had your "old iMac," the operating system, your user experience, and amortise the price across that.
What a load of cobblers. The only reason people keep their Macs so long is that they are too expensive to replace and they hardly change over time. There's no value equation there at all. And the user experience is Apple's way or the highway.
I am a long-time mac bloke and thus disgusted at Apple post-Jobs, but if careful you can put together a fairly-priced system.
The post-Jobs, post-Ives period we are in now seems to be the best thing that ever happened to Apple's computers. They f**ked off the useless touchbar and put all the ports customers actually need back in. It's the first time I can think of that Apple have ever back-tracked and corrected bad decisions.
zvenx wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:43 pm I use both mac and pcs though I love my macs and tolerate my pc, but I am not going to try to change your mind.
I am exactly the opposite. There was only ever one thing I preferred about macOS and they f**ked that up royally 7 or 8 years ago. And that is the problem - Apple decide what stays and what goes and they don't give a flying f**k about what their users want or need.
revvy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:49 pmBut man, do I hate the company. Which makes me quite the hypocrite.
The problem is that none of their competitors are any more likeable. Google are a total bunch of c**ts and Microsoft are just useless idiots so, whichever one you choose, you're screwed anyway.
Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:21 amIf Steve Jobs was still alive, Apple would be different.
Yep. There'd only be one size iPhone and there'd be no iPad Pro, no iPadOS, no Apple Pencil and Jonny Ive would still be removing ports from laptops to make them look nicer. Steve Jobs was a fuckwit, as any of the post-mortem biopics will show you.
Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:51 amJobs famously said, "People don't know what they want until we show them" but Tim Cook takes it one step further by not giving customers much choice.
What are you talking about? Since Tim Cook took over, Apple's product portfolio has more than doubled.
darkinners wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 amBut in terms of hardware, I am very happy Apple pushed ARM through, they are the only company with enough muscle that can pull this off.
What, two or three years after Microsoft did it? Yeah, genius. Of course, you'll look at Windows on ARM's marketshare and suggest Microsoft have failed but that's the chance you take when you give your customers a choice, rather than make arbitrary decisions and force your customers to live with the consequences.
Let's face it, prior to Apple Silicon, there was basically no way you can use the laptop as it was intended to, even a 16" one can drain from 100% to 0% under 2 hours under a medium workload. Fan spinning like crazy even if you were just installing an app update from the app store and the "Lap"top is so warm that basically impossible to use on your lap. no SD card slot, no HDMI, no Mag safe, you has to bring a lot of dongles with you all the time.
But you idiots all put up with that shit for 9 long years, how f**king stupid does that make you?
tehlord wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:55 amI recently replaced a mid/low spec Lenovo quad core i5 with 8GB RAM with the base spec M1 Macbook Air, this was my utility computer that I sometimes did some work on. In terms of spec and price, the two were fairly similar, but the Macbook absolutely destroyed the previous machine in terms of raw power and usability. It wasn't 'a bit' faster, it was multiples faster.
And what gen processor was the PC? Because all the benchmarks indicate that the current Gen Intel processors wipe the floor with Apple Silicon. I saw one benchmark where a humble Core i3 outperformed an M1 Mac. Best of all, they wipe the floor without forcing everyone to update and reinstall all their software to work with them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you back on your boat but
badly need to take a dump?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Love you, Bones :love:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

JockMcRonan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:06 am outta here
Given this, I'm going to lock this. Don't worry, though, another Mac vs. PC thread will be along shortly.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”